Posts Tagged With: Detroit Institute of Arts
|To listen immediately, click here:
2. Guest: Eddie Connor http://www.eddieconnor.com Interview time: 5:45 p.m.
Guest summary: Eddie Connor a motivational speaker and author or three books, Purposefully Prepared to Persevere, Collections of Reflections and his latest book, E.con the Icon.
Eddie Connor bio:
Eddie Connor was born in Southfield, Michigan but grew up in Kingston, Jamaica. The British Education that Eddie received, during his formative years in Jamaica, can be attributed to his thirst for knowledge. As a product of a divorced family, Eddie realizes that he was not born with a “silver spoon” in his mouth, but was raised by a strong mother, who instilled in him life long values and the importance of governing himself as a positive individual.
His mother, Dr. Janice K. Connor (author of Propelling Faith) has been a missionary to Jamaica, for the past twenty-five years, yet has raised her son to be a standout man of excellence.
Eddie Connor preached his first message, after being diagnosed with cancer, at the age of fifteen in Kingston, Jamaica proclaiming from Psalm 118:17, “I shall not die, but live and declare the works of the Lord.” Eddie affirms that he was “Destined to Overcome the Odds.” Eddie Connor is declaring the works of the Lord. The healing power of God has touched this young man’s life, as he has miraculously been healed from cancer.
Eddie has garnered prestigious honors for his community activism and role model leadership, such as the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Humanitarian Award, Eastern Michigan University President For a Day, and the NAACP Male Student of the Year.
Eddie is a graduate of Eastern Michigan University, having earned a Bachelor of Science in Secondary Education, with a focus in History. Eddie has also earned a Master’s Degree in Education from Marygrove College, as a Reading and Literacy Specialist.
As an Author, Educator, Evangelist, Motivational Speaker, Poet, Radio and TV Host, Eddie Connor shares his story of overcoming cancer in his three books, “Purposefully Prepared to Persevere”, “Collections of Reflections: Symphonies of Strength, Volumes 1-3″, and “E.CON the ICON: from Pop Culture to President Barack Obama“.
Over the years, Eddie has encouraged youth to overcome life’s obstacles on his radio program, “Youth On The March” being broadcast throughout the United States and Caribbean, to more than 25 million people.
Eddie also serves as a contributing writer for Hope Today Magazine.
From Cancer to Conqueror to more than Conqueror, God has truly given Eddie Connor a voice to reach individuals of all ages and backgrounds in this day and time. A young man of passion, determination, and intellectual fortitude, desires to impact minds in perilous times, by enhancing the lives of others and expressing the power to persevere, which will ultimately propel individuals beyond all obstacles.
About E.Con the Icon
E.CON the ICON, redefines what it means to be an icon. Laugh and learn with Eddie Connor, as he presses past the brink of Freedom of Speech and blasts you into a lyrical litany of logic about education, faith, life, pop culture, politics, relationships, and reaching the pinnacle of success.
1. Guest: Andrea Daniel http://www.AndreaDanielPoet.com Interview Time: 5:30 p.m.
Guest summary: Andrea Daniel is an entrepreneur, operating AND Communications where she is copywriter, editor and voice over artist. She is also co-owner of the new publishing company Dakota Avenue West Publishing, publisher of f her new, first book of poetry, Like Gwendolyn.
Andrea is a lifelong poet, with work that has appeared in various publications and as part of a visual poetry exhibit at the Detroit Institute of Arts. When she’s not writing poetry, Andrea is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in a major daily metropolitan newspaper, and she has freelanced for an internationally distributed arts and entertainment magazine. Daniel is a member of the Motown Writer’s Network and the Michigan Literary Network and is producer of the Michigan Literary Network’s Internet radio show on blogtalkradio.com. Additionally, she is a registered songwriter with BMI. She lives in Detroit, Michigan with her son and a sweet little Terrier-Poodle-mix named Dot.
About the book Like Gwendolyn:
Like Gwendolyn, Andrea Daniel’s debut book of poetry epitomizes nearly 40 years of her life as a poet. The first chapter, “Life, death and stuff in between,” is about just that, as Andrea or someone else has experienced or she Andrea imagined it to be. “Love and such,” depicts the love in its many forms, As a survivor of domestic violence, Andrea shares in “Abused Tales,” poems written in her years of recovery. And she wrote the poems in “Love for Jay,’ the final chapter, during the frequent periods of separation from her (now adult) son in his early childhood years.
It is the legacy of poet Gwendolyn Brooks and the beauty of her work that inspired the completion of this book.
(to make a comment to win tickets, please go to http://motownwriters.com and make a comment on the Oct 19th Radio Show for Michigan Literary Radio Network Show)
To listen immediately, click here:
- PODCAST Michigan Literary Radio Show #blogtalkradio Authors: @EddieConnor & Andrea Daniels (motownwriters.wordpress.com)
- MoGal Release Party – Naomi Daniel, La Shaun phoenix Moore, Inohs Sivad (motownwriters.wordpress.com)
- The Essence of Motown Literary Jam & Conference #motownlit #mwn | Register Now! Strengthen literacy and the literary community in Metro Detroit! (motownwriters.wordpress.com)
- PODCAST: Michigan Literary Network Radio Show Oct. 12, 2011 with Author, Quincy Lewis & Passion Fruit Poetry Event Rep #mwn #blogtalkradio (motownwriters.wordpress.com)
Motown Writers | Michigan Literary Network
Off Site Network Pages
Like Our Facebook Pages!
- For Immediate Release: Live Storytelling Event Showcases Human Spirit Stories #SecretStoryTellers
- Great Holiday Gift for a special child: Rose & the Enchanted Seven by @batchelordavis #children #fantasy #motownlit #michlit #mwn
- Author, Dawne Prochilo @goldendawne1 offers December Writing & Marketing Courses in Troy, Michigan #michlit. RSVP now
- Fwd: FW: Can Book Clubs Thrive in the Digital Age? via @mashables
- Author Jim Ziolowski at @DetroitLibrary, Thurs. Dec. 5! per BookBeat #Michigan #Bookstore #michlit #booksigning
- Free Saturday Event News frm Nat'l Inspiration Role Models Month #NIRMM #Detroit
- .@theWrightMuseum Weekly Update Nov 18-24 #Detroit Events
- Metro #Detroit Readers, book lovers, librarians, book groups and bookworms #MotownLit Nov 8-9
- How to Write a Good Book in 30 Days VIA @jfbookman
- ARTICLE: How to Get Major Companies and Nonprofits to Sponsor The Promotion of Your Book @aBookPublicist
- Metro #Detroit Readers & Writers invited to #MotownLit Jam & Conf Nov 8-9, 2013 www.motownliteraryjam.com
- Rochester Writer Events &News via @talktravel #michlit
- Jack Ryan Franchise Author Tom Clancy Has Passed Away at Age 66
- o/t: Zazzle Poetry Helps You Wear Your Heart on Your Chest via @mashables
- Get Your Code On! Introduction To Word Press via @ThirdEyeGrp Sept 21 #Detroit
- Fwd: Celebrate six new Detroit books - Thursday, Sept. 26
- .@Amazon: No Plans for a Free Smartphone via @mashables
- Press Release - SAFE Empowerment Weekend via @mskalyn
- Ask the national media for advice Tuesday
- Jeff Bezos: It Will Take Years to Fix 'The Washington Post' via @mashables
Help & Donate
- #Smexy Feature: #StonesRevenge #SylLit December Readers Highlight #SneakReaders
- Update: Exclusive Books At The Literary World of @SylviaHubbard1 #syllit
- #CyberMonday Deal on #SylLit World 5Books ONLY $1.99 #Amazon #Smashwords
- #BlackFriday Sale on #SylLit World 5Books ONLY $1.99 #Amazon #Smashwords
- Invite Sylvia Hubbard to Your event in 2014 #author #speaker #consultant #books #socialmedia #mom
Nat’l Writers Union
Search This Site
|@SylviaHubbard1 on Author, Dawne Prochilo offers…|
|Author on Author, Dawne Prochilo offers…|
|Author, Dawne Prochi… on Ck out #MichLit Monthly Featur…|
- Michigan Literary Network - Dec 11,2013
- Michigan Literary Network - Dec 04,2013
- #MichLit Radio w/book industry expert @Porter_Anderson - Nov 27,2013
- Michigan Literary Network - Nov 20,2013
- Michigan Literary Network - Nov 13,2013
- Michigan Literary Network - Nov 06,2013
- Michigan Literary Network - Oct 23,2013
- RT @thischickreads: @KimBlackBooks Thank you so much for the fab support Kim. Happy Friday! XX 1 hour ago
- I want to thank all the fans, #SneakREaders, reviewers & supporters for the success of #LoveLIkeThis #amreading... fb.me/37QvmOibf 2 hours ago
- : There are only 17 days left to support @ShakesintheD ow.ly/ruGSG. Help theater blossom in #Detroit.@hipkec 4 hours ago
- Michigan Literary Network News is out! paper.li/sylviahubbard1… Stories via @WBKnoblock @Euftis 10 hours ago
- How can you encourage young men to read. ow.ly/oPqFj #Podcast w/@davidekirkland. Listen now fb.me/LZz52roi 16 hours ago
- Motown Writers Meetup Group Monthly Meetup June 30, 2011Motown Writers Meetup Group (Please forward this to a friend and bring several friends with you.) See ya Sat and please bring a donation to help us out. Also bring your literary challenges, new books to announce and achievements. Networking is key to our survival as writers and authors! This is your chance to learn, network and connect! Detroit, MI 48202 - U […]
- Auburn Hills Writers Group Meeting!! February 5, 2013Motown Writers Meetup Group Writing exercises, discussion, networking and critique every 3rd Thursday at 6:30 at the Auburn Hills Library. Auburn Hills, MI 48326 - USA Thursday, December 19 at 6:30 PM Attending: 3 Details: http://www.meetup.com/michiganliterarynetwork/events/153222432/
- Metro Detroit Scribes for Christ July 22, 2013Motown Writers Meetup Group formerly American Christian Writers Detroit Chapter, Monthly writers meeting. Education and inspiration for aspiring and established writers.$5 Suggested donation at door Detroit, MI 48227 - USA Thursday, December 26 at 6:30 PM Attending: 2 Details: http://www.meetup.com/michiganliterarynetwork/events/dvjglfyrqbjc/
- Motown Writers Meetup Group Monthly Meetup June 30, 2011Motown Writers Meetup Group (Please forward this to a friend and bring several friends with you.) See ya Sat and please bring a donation to help us out. Also bring your literary challenges, new books to announce and achievements. Networking is key to our survival as writers and authors! This is your chance to learn, network and connect! Detroit, MI 48227 - U […]
- Nandi's Knowledge Cafe Open Mic Poetry July 13, 2013Recurring Event First start: 2013-07-18 21:00:00 EDT Duration: 10800 Where: 12511 Woodward off of Glendale, in Highland Park Event Status: confirmed Event Description: w/ Torreano Resean Harrison contact https://www.facebook.com/Caesar.Torreano
- Always Brewing Detroit July 13, 2013Recurring Event First start: 2013-07-18 18:30:00 EDT Duration: 9000 Where: 19180 Grand River Ave, Detroit, Michigan 48223 Event Status: confirmed Event Description: Open Mic tonight and every Thursday Always Brewing Detroit! Sign-up starts at 6:30pm, performances start at 7pm. Come and bring a friend! This is an open mic for poets, storytellers, singers/song […]
- Banned Book Week via @OMGFacts July 6, 2013When: Sun Sep 22, 2013 to Sat Sep 28, 2013 Where: EVERYWHERE Event Status: confirmed Event Description: The last week in September is designated as Banned Books Week in honor of great authors that have been challenged by various institutions
- Pen, Pitch, Publish, Profit! April 2, 2013When: Sat May 4, 2013 11am to 4pm EDT Where: 6 Depot Square - Montclair, 07042 Event Status: confirmed Event Description: For details, link here: http://penpitchpublishprofit.eventbrite.com
- Detroit Association of Black Storytellers (DAB) January 21, 2011When: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10am to 12pm ESTReplaces event originally scheduled for: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10am Where: Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History - Detroit, MI Event Status: confirmed Event Description: Detroit Association of Black Storytellers (DABS) meets at Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History on the 4th Saturday of each m […]
- Wallflux RSS demonstration (update in 17 minutes ago)You are viewing content through a demonstration-version of the Wallflux of the Motown Writers Network-Facebook group. To remove this notice, and get access to the live Wallflux-feed, register it at http://www.wallflux.com/
- Group wall post by Teena CatheyTeena Cathey wrote on Motown Writers Network's wall: Would someone be willing to edit my ebook? Or know a site I could go to? Thanks!
- Group wall post by Johnna Jojo CollierJohnna Jojo Collier wrote on Motown Writers Network's wall: Smiling Face, Heart of Hate: On the night of his senior prom, Brian’s dreams of going off to college on an academic scholarship are shattered in an instant. His girlfriend Dior is just as devastated as he is, but when she discovers that she knows the man that is responsible for Brian’s injuries […]
- Group wall post by Johnna Jojo CollierJohnna Jojo Collier wrote on Motown Writers Network's wall: Check out Author_Nisha Lanae's page, and hit "LIKE" while your there!! https://www.facebook.com/AuthorNishaLanae89 http://www.amazon.com/Nisha-Lanae/e/B00AZOEJDA
- Group wall post by Johnna Jojo CollierJohnna Jojo Collier wrote on Motown Writers Network's wall: Aphrodisiacs: Erotic Short Stories Karen Williams, author of Thug In Me, brings you this anthology of 7 steamy erotic short stories, sure to put you in the mood and make your sexual experience off the hook. In Best Served Cold, when a woman discovers her husband's freaky recorded affairs, […]
Writer’s Must Have Resources
Synergy Energy: How to Use the Power of Partnerships to Market Your Book, Grow Your Business, and Brand Your Ministry
Dan Poynter's Self-Publishing Manual, Volume 2: How to Write, Print and Sell Your Own Book
Do you have a writer's resource must have? Contact Us!
see more links and partners | click here