Posts Tagged With: Detroit Institute of Arts
|To listen immediately, click here:
2. Guest: Eddie Connor http://www.eddieconnor.com Interview time: 5:45 p.m.
Guest summary: Eddie Connor a motivational speaker and author or three books, Purposefully Prepared to Persevere, Collections of Reflections and his latest book, E.con the Icon.
Eddie Connor bio:
Eddie Connor was born in Southfield, Michigan but grew up in Kingston, Jamaica. The British Education that Eddie received, during his formative years in Jamaica, can be attributed to his thirst for knowledge. As a product of a divorced family, Eddie realizes that he was not born with a “silver spoon” in his mouth, but was raised by a strong mother, who instilled in him life long values and the importance of governing himself as a positive individual.
His mother, Dr. Janice K. Connor (author of Propelling Faith) has been a missionary to Jamaica, for the past twenty-five years, yet has raised her son to be a standout man of excellence.
Eddie Connor preached his first message, after being diagnosed with cancer, at the age of fifteen in Kingston, Jamaica proclaiming from Psalm 118:17, “I shall not die, but live and declare the works of the Lord.” Eddie affirms that he was “Destined to Overcome the Odds.” Eddie Connor is declaring the works of the Lord. The healing power of God has touched this young man’s life, as he has miraculously been healed from cancer.
Eddie has garnered prestigious honors for his community activism and role model leadership, such as the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Humanitarian Award, Eastern Michigan University President For a Day, and the NAACP Male Student of the Year.
Eddie is a graduate of Eastern Michigan University, having earned a Bachelor of Science in Secondary Education, with a focus in History. Eddie has also earned a Master’s Degree in Education from Marygrove College, as a Reading and Literacy Specialist.
As an Author, Educator, Evangelist, Motivational Speaker, Poet, Radio and TV Host, Eddie Connor shares his story of overcoming cancer in his three books, “Purposefully Prepared to Persevere”, “Collections of Reflections: Symphonies of Strength, Volumes 1-3″, and “E.CON the ICON: from Pop Culture to President Barack Obama“.
Over the years, Eddie has encouraged youth to overcome life’s obstacles on his radio program, “Youth On The March” being broadcast throughout the United States and Caribbean, to more than 25 million people.
Eddie also serves as a contributing writer for Hope Today Magazine.
From Cancer to Conqueror to more than Conqueror, God has truly given Eddie Connor a voice to reach individuals of all ages and backgrounds in this day and time. A young man of passion, determination, and intellectual fortitude, desires to impact minds in perilous times, by enhancing the lives of others and expressing the power to persevere, which will ultimately propel individuals beyond all obstacles.
About E.Con the Icon
E.CON the ICON, redefines what it means to be an icon. Laugh and learn with Eddie Connor, as he presses past the brink of Freedom of Speech and blasts you into a lyrical litany of logic about education, faith, life, pop culture, politics, relationships, and reaching the pinnacle of success.
1. Guest: Andrea Daniel http://www.AndreaDanielPoet.com Interview Time: 5:30 p.m.
Guest summary: Andrea Daniel is an entrepreneur, operating AND Communications where she is copywriter, editor and voice over artist. She is also co-owner of the new publishing company Dakota Avenue West Publishing, publisher of f her new, first book of poetry, Like Gwendolyn.
Andrea is a lifelong poet, with work that has appeared in various publications and as part of a visual poetry exhibit at the Detroit Institute of Arts. When she’s not writing poetry, Andrea is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in a major daily metropolitan newspaper, and she has freelanced for an internationally distributed arts and entertainment magazine. Daniel is a member of the Motown Writer’s Network and the Michigan Literary Network and is producer of the Michigan Literary Network’s Internet radio show on blogtalkradio.com. Additionally, she is a registered songwriter with BMI. She lives in Detroit, Michigan with her son and a sweet little Terrier-Poodle-mix named Dot.
About the book Like Gwendolyn:
Like Gwendolyn, Andrea Daniel’s debut book of poetry epitomizes nearly 40 years of her life as a poet. The first chapter, “Life, death and stuff in between,” is about just that, as Andrea or someone else has experienced or she Andrea imagined it to be. “Love and such,” depicts the love in its many forms, As a survivor of domestic violence, Andrea shares in “Abused Tales,” poems written in her years of recovery. And she wrote the poems in “Love for Jay,’ the final chapter, during the frequent periods of separation from her (now adult) son in his early childhood years.
It is the legacy of poet Gwendolyn Brooks and the beauty of her work that inspired the completion of this book.
(to make a comment to win tickets, please go to http://motownwriters.com and make a comment on the Oct 19th Radio Show for Michigan Literary Radio Network Show)
To listen immediately, click here:
- PODCAST Michigan Literary Radio Show #blogtalkradio Authors: @EddieConnor & Andrea Daniels (motownwriters.wordpress.com)
- MoGal Release Party – Naomi Daniel, La Shaun phoenix Moore, Inohs Sivad (motownwriters.wordpress.com)
- The Essence of Motown Literary Jam & Conference #motownlit #mwn | Register Now! Strengthen literacy and the literary community in Metro Detroit! (motownwriters.wordpress.com)
- PODCAST: Michigan Literary Network Radio Show Oct. 12, 2011 with Author, Quincy Lewis & Passion Fruit Poetry Event Rep #mwn #blogtalkradio (motownwriters.wordpress.com)
Motown Writers | Michigan Literary Network
Off Site Network Pages
Like Our Facebook Pages!
- Hockey great Gordie Howe to release book in October #motownlit #michlit
- Authors & Book Bloggers on Instagram via @jfBookman
- April 7 - Self-Publishing Panel Royal Oak Library - RSVP required via
- Download Your Next eBook from the @DetroitLibrary
- .@CityTalkMag Announcement: Casting Call by @HIDPfilms March29 Metro #Detroit
- TWO GENERATIONS OF POETIC COOL CD RELEASE MARCH 29, 2014 3pm via @onesinglerose #MotownLit
- Help local #MotownLit Author, Yusef Bunchy Shakur (@Z8YBS) on his new endeavor! Plz donate &share w/others #michlit
- Live #Storytelling Event Showcase Social Justice Stories March 21st #Detroit
- O/T: Motor City Connect: #313DLove event on March 13 frm @terrybean #networking
- Meetup update: #MotownWriters Group Monthly topic: Selling/Promoting Yr Ebook March8th(today) 10am-Noon
- The Secret Society Of Twisted Storytellers Presents "SOCIAL JUSTICE" Friday, March 21, 2014 @CHWMAAH #Detroit
- Fifth Annual @DaytonBookExpo Save the Date May 3rd
- o/t: Metro #Detroit Event: 6th Annual I'm Every Woman Expo by Eloquets Event Enterprise March 15th
- o/t: JOIN US AT #REDCARPETBASH w/@habitatdetroit #support #detroit #causes #purpose #oscars
- .@TheCarrCenter Saturday Arts Academy Winter Term Opening Postponed!
- #MichLit Event: Finding My Way Home Feb15 Royal Oak Library
- EVENT: Jan15DRIVEN IV - Book Unveiling & Reception | The Garden Theater #Detroit Frm @michron wsg @andersonanthony
- Today: #MotownWriters w/@MonicaMJones Topic:Momentum for your Muse Jan11th 10am B&N #Detroit #motownlit
- NWUsletter Jan, 2014 - Looking Forward #NWUDetroit #michlit #motownlit #mwn
Help & Donate
- April Book Feature: Dreams of Reality #urban #romance #suspense #AmazonPrime
- New Release Review: His Substitute Wife…My Sister by Sylvia Hubbard
- Someone is Telling me a Story
- Character Profile of Parker from His Substitute Wife . . . My Sister, by Sylvia Hubbard
- “A Social Frenzy Blog Tour Stop for~ Author: Sylvia Hubbard And Her Book,”His Substitute Wife…My Sister” & Fabulosity Reads Book Tours”!
Nat’l Writers Union
Search This Site
|Nicholas C. Rossis on A-Z Guide: How both my books r…|
|Motown Writer’… on Motown Writers Network Feature…|
|Romance Novel Book C… on MotownWriters Author Feature:…|
- RT @authorpherring: For the woman who asked "What's your newest book?" Here you go: amazon.com/Lethal-Time-Pl… 32 minutes ago
- Can she make dreams of love into #DreamsOfReality? bit.ly/1jeFvr3 prequel to Deceptive Nights bit.ly/1jeFsvp 40 minutes ago
- I find it strange U want 2learn all abt Africa & it's history, but you don't know what's the 1st capital of Michigan. #whereULive #313Dlove 49 minutes ago
- RT @SOCPodcast: The latest episode hot off the presses! fb.me/2VBXs5V3M 59 minutes ago
- RT @Penelope_Prose: His Substitute Wife...My Sister by Sylvia Hubbard: Blog Tour #Giveaway goo.gl/feC4ix via @LillyMacRhine 1 hour ago
- ACW Christian Coffee House Poetry Night April 1, 2014Motown Writers Meetup Group The American Christian Writers Detroit Celebrate National Poetry Month with a mini-workshop and open mic performances by local inspirational and motivational poets. $5.00 Registration required for performers Refreshments available for a nominal fee. Detroit, MI 48219 - USA Thursday, April 24 at 6:30 PM Attending: 9 Details: http:/ […]
- Motown Writers Meetup Group Monthly Meetup June 30, 2011Motown Writers Meetup Group (Please forward this to a friend and bring several friends with you.) See ya Sat and please bring a donation to help us out. Also bring your literary challenges, new books to announce and achievements. Networking is key to our survival as writers and authors! This is your chance to learn, network and connect! Detroit, MI 48202 - U […]
- #MotownWriters Monthly January 4, 2014Motown Writers Meetup Group This is the Detroit Motown Writers Meetup where special guest speakers talk about their literary journey, we share our challenges and struggles and we help each other.Want to announce an event? Want to share your book struggles?Want to announce your book's birth?Got a question! Come in! Join us!Donations are asked, but donati […]
- Auburn Hills Writers Group Meeting!! February 5, 2013Motown Writers Meetup Group Writing exercises, discussion, networking and critique every 3rd Thursday at 6:30 at the Auburn Hills Library. Detroit, MI 48227 - USA Thursday, May 15 at 6:30 PM Attending: 1 Details: http://www.meetup.com/michiganliterarynetwork/events/qgfwffyshbtb/
- Nandi's Knowledge Cafe Open Mic Poetry July 13, 2013Recurring Event First start: 2013-07-18 21:00:00 EDT Duration: 10800 Where: 12511 Woodward off of Glendale, in Highland Park Event Status: confirmed Event Description: w/ Torreano Resean Harrison contact https://www.facebook.com/Caesar.Torreano
- Always Brewing Detroit July 13, 2013Recurring Event First start: 2013-07-18 18:30:00 EDT Duration: 9000 Where: 19180 Grand River Ave, Detroit, Michigan 48223 Event Status: confirmed Event Description: Open Mic tonight and every Thursday Always Brewing Detroit! Sign-up starts at 6:30pm, performances start at 7pm. Come and bring a friend! This is an open mic for poets, storytellers, singers/song […]
- Banned Book Week via @OMGFacts July 6, 2013When: Sun 22 Sep 2013 to Sat 28 Sep 2013 Where: EVERYWHERE Event Status: confirmed Event Description: The last week in September is designated as Banned Books Week in honor of great authors that have been challenged by various institutions
- Pen, Pitch, Publish, Profit! April 2, 2013When: Sat 4 May 2013 11:00 to 16:00 EDT Where: 6 Depot Square - Montclair, 07042 Event Status: confirmed Event Description: For details, link here: http://penpitchpublishprofit.eventbrite.com
- Detroit Association of Black Storytellers (DAB) January 21, 2011When: Sat 15 Dec 2012 10:00 to 12:00 ESTReplaces event originally scheduled for: Sat 22 Dec 2012 10:00 Where: Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History - Detroit, MI Event Status: confirmed Event Description: Detroit Association of Black Storytellers (DABS) meets at Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History on the 4th Saturday of each […]
- Support Reporters without BordersEvery year, some 500 journalists are arrested, 1000 assaulted or threatened, and over 500 media outlets censored. Freedom of information is the foundation of any democracy. Yet almost half of the world’s population is still denied it. Support Reporters without Borders. (This is a promoted post on an unregistered Wallflux-feed)
- Group wall post by Johnna Jojo CollierJohnna Jojo Collier wrote on Motown Writers Network's wall: ☆◆☆◆☆◆☆◆ GET YOUR SET TODAY ☆◆☆◆☆◆☆◆ 1,068 pages! 340,603K WORDS... 6 BOOKS for $0.99!! They are full length novels in the African American Romance and Urban Fiction genres. Love, Sex, Lies is straight up romance and drama! However, once you get to Love Hangover, the action really begins! http: […]
- Group wall post by Johnna Jojo CollierJohnna Jojo Collier wrote on Motown Writers Network's wall: ☆◆☆◆☆◆☆◆ FREE FREE FREE ☆◆☆◆☆◆☆◆ APRIL 18th - 24th GRAB YOUR COPIES TODAY!! http://www.amazon.com//dp/B00IA84UNC
- Photo: Timeline PhotosJoe Rendazvous posted a photo on Motown Writers Network's wall: Free to download until midnight of 19 April, 2014. The 5:2 Fast Diet Book For Beginners: Discover the Intermittent Fasting Foods and Recipes Diet to Quick BODY DETOX , WEIGHT LOSS & FEEL YOUNGER. US Link- http://goo.gl/irFbEf UK Link - http://goo.gl/eA4Egj
- Video: Writing Royalty RadioLissha Sadler posted a video on Motown Writers Network's wall: Sunday On Writing Royalty Radio "The Queen Of Lit" Author Wahida Clark April 20,2014 7pm EST http://www.blogtalkradio.com/writingroyalty/2014/04/20/writing-royalty-radio
Writer’s Must Have Resources
Synergy Energy: How to Use the Power of Partnerships to Market Your Book, Grow Your Business, and Brand Your Ministry
Dan Poynter's Self-Publishing Manual, Volume 2: How to Write, Print and Sell Your Own Book
Do you have a writer's resource must have? Contact Us!
see more links and partners | click here