Michigan Literary News, Events & more â€¦ add yrs 2comments #mwn http://ping.fm/BTS3a
Daily Archives: August 30, 2011
Motown Writers | Michigan Literary Network
Subscribe for Michigan Literary News 2join 4free! | CLICK HERE
If you have news and events you’d like to share with us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’re on twitter, please dm me and request permission to be placed on the MWN List!
Please share this news with other interested Michigan readers, writers, authors and supporters and continue to support the Michigan Literary Network!
Your founder and moderator,
- Want to make your nonfiction book a bestseller? via @pamperry
- InsideOut Literary Arts Event Friday, August 26th, 7pm
- Creative Impact Michigan – August 25, 2011
- Women of the Year In Metro Detroit – and guess who is Business Woman of the Year? @pamperry
- Post-Apocalyptic Pizza Party with Award-Winning author Ilsa Bick from Schuler Books & Music, Eastwood Monday. September 12. 5 p.m
- Chelsea from the Bottom of a Glass from @ChelseaLibrary #michlit
- Booksigning and Story Time with Janet Halfmann Saturday, August 27 from 2:00pm to 5:00pm, Schuler Books & Music, Okemos
- You’re invited: A Celebration of Books from Wayne State Press
- News from Arts League of Michigan www.artsleague.com Last Storyteller session in the park & more!
- Bright Harvest Prize deadline extendend
- News from Wayne State University Press #michlit
- EVENT Oct. 20th with “The Shark” Daymond John is fast approaching! via @stephanieljones
- [trinityfilmcoalition] For Immediate Release- SNL’s Tanya Ryno and Bill McKinney of Global Pictures join TFC Film Festival Lineup [4 Attachments]
- The Spotlight Novel from The Author Collective |
- How To Date With Your Clothes On – from best-selling author Ty Adams
- Kalamazoo Public #Library eNews – Aug 19, 2011 #michilit #michigan #mwn
- Children’s Programs @ the Dearborn Public Library #michlit #mwn
- [Fundraiser) Will You Stand With Us? Help a local #film project from Metro Detroit author, @janayablack
- Interview with Danielle McGuire from Josie Odum Morris Literacy Project, Inc. #michlit
- This week @CromaineLibrary 8/22/11 #michigan #michlit
Essence of Motown Literary Conference & Ja 11/11/11 – 11/12/11
Virgil Carr Cultural Center
must be 18 or over
Tickets available soon!
Nov 12 – 8am to 4pm
Virgil Carr Cultural Center
311 E Grand River, Detroit, MI 48226
Hotel | Workshop | Special Guest | Authors | Sponsors
Send Promo Items to:
Attn: Sylvia Hubbard, Chairperson
PO Box 43439
Detroit, MI 48243
Ship Book Donations to:
Detroit Impact Center
Attn: Book Donations
9930 Greenfield, Detroit, MI 48227
Writer’s Must Have Resources
Novelist Navell Merkerson posted a photo on Motown Writers Network’s wall: (1 like)
- Facebook Group Feed
You are viewing a demonstration of a Facebook Group Feed of the Motown Writers Network-facebook group. To remove this notice, register at http://groupfeed.climatesceptics.org/. (5 likes, 6 comments)
- Wall post by Bill H. McKinney
Bill H. McKinney wrote on Motown Writers Network’s wall: Listen All GOD people… It’s Time to Share the Gospel through Film… Get behind Global Pictures/Goldline Films and contribute towards Kingdom View Films ” Somebody to Watch over Me”…. http://www.indiegogo.com/Praising-God-Through-Film Support This Kingdom Movement…
- Link: Angela Barrow-Dunlap The Official Fan Page
Angela Barrow-Dunlap to Motown Writers Network: I would love to stay connected with you. Please join my second page as I will be soon taking down the profile page and networking through my fan page only. Stay connected and be the first to know about the exciting theatre and film projects that Dunlap Entertainment has scheduled for 2012!!! GOD BLESS & WE […]
- Wall post by Sandra Epps
Sandra Epps wrote on Motown Writers Network’s wall: Stay tune for other book signing/tour dates of Girl Power Discover the Princess Within. December 17th join Author Sandra Epps at the Detroit Children’s Museum for Tea with Mrs. Claus and a Girl Power Experience…See you there! (6 likes, 5 comments)
- Brittney Dowdy, Author&Library Round UP w/Troy Public Lib. – Aug 31,2011
- Cassandra Jones, FullerWomanExpo.com&Author, Kristina Riggle – Aug 24,2011
- Michigan Literary Network – Aug 17,2011
- Michigan Literary Network – Aug 10,2011
- Michigan Literary Network w/ @ArnoldHannon & Michael Madigan – Aug 03,2011
- L. Phoenix&J.Roberts of Det.Jazz Fest Poetry Slam Series – Jul 27,2011
- Oliver Ragsdale of artsleague.com & Blogger, Kelly Green – Jul 20,2011
- Do you like Michigan Literary Network? Then “LIKE” us on Facebook. Thanks. (Please RT) http://t.co/62TNqN9 10 hours ago
- Inspiration is out there but in order 2let creativity in, you have to open the door. 10 hours ago
- I’m not a superhero, but I was blessed w/powers of love faith & writing. Just like Superman, I use them to save the world. xoxo 11 hours ago
- Want to make your nonfiction book a bestseller? via @pamperry http://t.co/bj2xoVU #mwn 11 hours ago
- BLOG THE RIGHT WAY via @conquerall http://t.co/8dio4un 12 hours ago
- Best Ways for New Freelance Writers to Start Selling Articles http://t.co/fkJrd44 via @quipsandtips 12 hours ago
- How Can Local Arts Agencies Engage Their Communities? – #arts http://t.co/0FXT3xm via @Americans4Arts 12 hours ago
Kerrytown BookFest is coming up in September http://ping.fm/YQbfk
The Michigan Center for the Book will have a table at the Kerrytown BookFest in September (25th I think) and I have heard that the following authors will be there. More will be announced I’m sure along with the programming for the day. Take a look at www.kerrytownbookfest.org to see what’s happening. Last year’s event was a great chance to scope out authors for your library and to enjoy activities for all ages. The organizers did a great job.
Kerrytown BookFest Authors:
Posted by Karren
What’s New at the Center for the Book
The 2011 grants have been announced! We have funded 11 literary events in public libraries across the state for a total of $3,840. The events range from family literacy programs, to author visits (my favorite) to county wide reading programs. Take a look at our web site to see more details.
We have two new members! Ironwood Carnegie Library and Adrian Public Library have both joined the Center for the Book. We are pleased to welcome them both!
The Letters about Literature deadline has passed and we are hard at work reading the letters. Winners will be announced in April.
- Karren Reish
- I am the Michigan Center for the Book coordinator at the Library of Michigan. If you would like to have your event listed, please send email to email@example.com. Please post comments if you are familiar with an author’s presentations!
|click thru for details
Peggy’s ingenious yet simple, five-step blueprint any author can use to make their book a bestseller at almost no cost. How she’s used the formula to make numerous books bestsellers and how one author usedherformula to sell 6,828 ebooks for $27 each without spending a dime on advertising — yes, that’s $184,256.00 in sales! Why her method works for all types of books, fiction or non-fiction, regardless of subject including self-published, POD, ebooks, newly-published or even those that have been out for years. How Peggy uses blogs and social media to sell books including how she got coverage on the Huffington Post as well as why you need a Facebook page just for your book (and how to use it effectively). Case histories of several authors who’ve hit the bestseller lists using this approach. Big mistakes almost all publishers make selling books on Amazon. and MUCH more!
Again, To register for this call — which is free except for
your normal long distance charges
— go here now ===>
P.S. FREE Webinar (or Telephone Seminar, if you can’t be near a computer) — There’s no cost to participate in this webinar (or telephone seminar) except your normal long distance charges (same as you’d pay to call Aunt Edna in Toledo).
P.P.S. Get your Social Media PR skills up to speed with ebooks and webinars in the PR Pro Shop at 50% Off http://www.pamperryonlinepr.com (sales end at Midnight, August 31)