Your social media strategy is your road map to book sales success. But you don’t get on the road traveling to a place you’ve never been before without mapping out your route. If you do, you must anticipate pulling over often and asking for directions. You will probably waste a lot of time and your productivity will suffer. Imagine yourself driving around in circles wandering, wondering how did I get here?
This is exactly why your social media strategy is so very important. Below you will find 10 tips for creating a successful social media strategy that will improve communication with your readers and encourage more book sales. I’ll be looking forward to your questions in the comment section below and will answer them ASAP. Are you ready for the ride?
- Determine your sales goal and your why
- Decide the date you plan to achieve your goal
- Who will help you achieve your goal
- How will you celebrate achieving your goal
- What incentive will you offer people who help you achieve your goal
- Develop 10 pieces of killer content related to you as an author and your book’s benefit to readers (videos, blogs, podcasts, interviews, press releases… add buy now links)
- Introduce your content to your readers and potential new customers, 1 per day for 10 days (always ask open-ended questions)
- Encourage your affiliates and respond to your customers daily (refer to buy now links)
- Evaluate your customers responses (Facebook insights, inbox messages, analytics), your sales to goal and your affiliate productivity
- Repost your previous content using information from your previous posts and acknowledgement of previous supporters and affiliates