If you have to ask then you really need to read this article. #ammarketing #booksellingtechniques #authors #motownwriters
Your Books Aren’t Selling
“My sales are awful, and I’ve done everything. I give up.”
I heard this from three authors this week, and it’s not an uncommon sentiment right now. As an imprint director, book manager and book marketing consultant, my first questions are always:
- What do you mean by everything?
- How do you define “awful?”
- What do you mean by ‘giving up?’
Let’s deconstruct four ways to improve on that!
1) What Is ‘Everything’ RE: Book Marketing?
Your definition of ‘everything’ and my definition are probably quite different. When I asked one of these authors what he’d done, he said he’d:
- placed a few Facebook ads,
- sent out a bunch of tweets during his free days,
- placed a FreeBooksy promo (cost: $45). That’s about it.
To me, that’s barely scraping the bare minimum of ‘hardly anything,’ but in his mind, that’s more than he’d ever done! When I…
View original post 1,273 more words