The Michigan Film & Digital Media Office (MFDMO) is accepting internship applications for the Spring, Summer & Fall 2019 terms!* This is an UNPAID internship, but college credit can be earned.
This position yields many opportunities to learn about the services and programs provided by the MFDMO, work directly with the Film Commissioner and MFDMO staff and help cultivate and foster the economic growth of the creative industries in Michigan.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assist MFDMO staff members in the implementation of the next Strategic Plan that may include recommendations related to developing public/private partnerships, enhancing talent, strengthening relationships with colleges and universities and building the digital and creative sectors in Michigan
- Provide support to the MFDMO staff in organizing documents, streamlining processes, preparing records for reporting purposes and helping maintain office operations
- Participate in meetings with various industry partners (producers, writers, designers, and other creative entrepreneurs etc.), when available
Education and Experience
- Knowledge and experience in relevant software applications – spreadsheets, word processing, and database management
- Proficiency in spelling, punctuation, grammar and other English language skills
- Social media experience (optional)
- Ability to stay on task and ask questions for clarity (preferred)
- Attention to detail
Requested Time Commitment
- Minimum of eight hours per week (1 full day or 2 half days)
- Long-term commitment preferred (i.e. school term)
* Note: You must be actively enrolled in an academic program to be considered for an internship. Interested? Send your résumé to email@example.com or contact Erika Murdey at the Michigan Film and Digital Media Office, 517-241-1275