This post is based on episode 158 of the ProBlogger podcast.
Do you ever feel stuck in your blogging or your business?
I think many of us can relate to feeling paralysed at times – not just with blogging or business, but in other areas of life as well.
You might feel stuck and unable to move forward because:
- You’re a perfectionist, and can’t move on from one thing until you’re convinced it’s just right.
- You’re caught up in ‘analysis paralysis’. You keep looking at the different options, but you can’t pick one and move forward.
- You don’t have a clear idea of where you’re going. And you can’t make progress without knowing your destination.
- You always feel you need to know or have something more (develop a particular skill or more confidence, meet more people, have more money, etc.) before taking a particular action.
- You compare yourself with other people. It feels like everything you want to do has already been done, or that everyone else is doing it better.
- You feel overwhelmed by all the advice out there, and don’t know what to do first.
I can certainly relate to a lot of things on that list. I can get stuck when I have so many ideas that I can’t decide what to do first. Fear is also a big one for me. I worry what other people will think of me, how I’ll sound, how I’ll come across, what might happen if I make a mistake, and so on.