And you’re back! Oh you’re just joining us.
Promo Challenge #1 can be found by clicking here
This basis of this challenge is
- Build or strengthen your author platforms
- Create Readership/Build SEO
- Sell Books
To actually get to the third one, you MUST do one and two. This all to help you learn to Work as an Author!
Now get your notebook, a piece of paper or your calendar out and watch the video. Ask questions in the comments
You can turn your assignments in the comments (leave links for blogs and for pictures of where it’s posted) or join us at the Facebook Motown Writers group and turn your assignment in at our comment section of the video.
For people who complete all four author challenges the top three will receive an author planner with one hour consultation. If you’re behind there’s still time to catch up. Promo Challenge #1 can be found by clicking here
Monday (2 parter)
- Work on your bio – requirements: Your bio should be written in third person and no more than 150 word.
- Extra Credit: post your updated bio to your website and social media. (You will have to shorten it even more for Twitter and Instagram, but if you haven’t updated it recently, most likely it still needs to be done).
- Find or get Free item – Get a free item online or offline to gift. Not just bookmarks but something more like a free read they can download or a treat like a personalize pen, candle, coffee or tea cup
Wednesday (2 parter)
- Book or Writer Graphic Promo – requirements: must have a link in the graphic
- Blog Post: What did you work on this year to better your literary career? Please include the #mwn hashtag or tag me at @sylviahubbard1 on Twitter, YouTube or Instagram. You can submit your blog post as text, audio or video. If you do it as text, please include a picture to chop up the text and also make sure you add a byline (your bio).
- Gather Links. Get the direct links to your:
- Website homepage
- your product page or book page
- Social Media Links: Facebook (personal, pages, groups), Twitter, Instagram (personal & business page), Linkedin, Youtube.
- Extra Credit: Newsletter Link, Amazon Author Page, Bookbub and/or Goodread page.
I look forward to seeing what you offer and what you are doing. Also leave your ask me anything question in the comments! Share this with other authors and writing groups.