We’re rocking into week 4 really understanding what it takes to be an author and we’re pushing ourselves to be up for the challenge.
If you’re just joining us, you can find past assignments here:
Promo Challenge #1 can be found by clicking here
Promo Challenge #2 can be found by clicking here
Promo Challenge #3 can be found by clicking here
This basis of this ENTIRE challenge is
- Build or strengthen your author platforms
- Create Readership/Build SEO
- Sell Books
To actually get to the FOURTH one, you MUST do one and two and three. This all to help you learn to Work as an Author! In the video today, you’ll see how doing challenge one and two pulls assignments for week three together.
Now get your notebook, a piece of paper or your calendar out and watch the video.
1st Assignment this week is to get organize.Get a calendar. Plan to succeed. Plan content. Plan your techniques. Plan what you will do to complete this challenge.
- –Get Post it Notes
- –Do Monthlies (see video for more information)
- –Use highlighters to stay organize
2nd Assignment –Learn to run your website
- Make sure all links are good.
- Get your newsletter and social media links on your front page.
- Make sure your contact page actually can contact you.
- Post once a week to your blog.
- Blog audio, video or text (If text add a picture).
- Blog Post assignment: What book you’ve ever read, best describes your life? (tag #motownwriters or @sylviahubbard1)
- Check your copyright year on your website.
- Make sure your website fits your brand (color, wording, etc).
- Make sure your pictures are professional.
- Verify your site is mobile friendly.
- About page – Add 3rd person bio you did in previous assignment.
- Speaker Sheet, Downloadable link to professional pictures of you.
- Product page – list your books and services | set up eCommerce.
3rd Assignment – Planning your content
- Daily Content- Spend at least one to two hours a day loading, writing and marketing your content. (Example daily challenges: Monday: work on blog post. Tuesday: Work on graphics for the week. Wednesday: Updating all social medias. Thursday: Promoting and/or setting up promotions for the weekend (challenges, giveaways, weekend reads) Friday: verifying links work, checking website for updates or immediate concerns/visiting other websites or other social medias and engaging there.
- Weekly Content – Feature or podcast on another platform, post a video on Instagram or YouTube, post a blog post, engaging with all comments,
- Annual Goal – evergreen (annual) posts, book anniversaries,
Blog Post ideas (for 50 weeks of blogging)
Write ten benefits of reading yr work.
Write ten statements or plot points abt yr work
Write ten quotes from yr work
Find ten pictures (book cover, sci fi pics, and more ) abt yr work and then mini blog abt them
Take ten pics of you and write ten things abt yr writing life, what yr book means to you and what you hope to come for yr work.
Subscribe to the http://MotownWriters.com blog
Ask questions in the comments at the Facebook Motown Writers group and turn your assignment in at our comment section of the video.
For people who complete all four author challenges the top three will receive an author planner with one hour consultation. If you’re behind there’s still time to catch up. Promo Challenge #1 can be found by clicking here
Canva.com | Bookbrush.com | AuthorCentral.Amazon.com |
WordPress.com | remove.bg | Bookbub.com | Goodreads.com|
Author Planner: Gumroad.com/sylviahubbard1
Subscribe to Motown Writers Network blog: click here
My Literary wold of Sylvia Hubbard Podcast http://anchor.fm/sylviahubbard1
Check out the podcast book feature with Da Laughs and Giggle Podcast at http://motownBookclub.com
grab your author planner: https://gumroad.com/l/AuthorPlanner
Get it FREE Book Writing, Publishing & Marketing Checklist on Gumroad https://gum.co/fhXuH
I look forward to seeing what you offer and what you are doing. Also leave your ask me anything question in the comments! Share this with other authors and writing groups.