#MichLit Event: Women who Write Author Showcase hosted at Aquinas College on November 18! via @ebonyroadgr #Motownwriters
Come see visit with authors and publishers at the Women who Write Author Showcase hosted at Aquinas College on November 18! There will also be some top-notch session with renowned speakers.
If you’re an author, publisher, editor, or bookseller, and want to participate in the event, there are still vendor tables available. Contact Linda at firstname.lastname@example.org.
#MotownWriters @Meetup – Canceled due to holiday! Library will be closed! Sorry! But this afternoon…
DATE AND TIME
Sat, November 11, 2017
2:00 PM – 4:00 PM EST
25900 Greenfield Road
Oak Park, Michigan
I hope to see you there and please look forward to messages about our December meeting which we are definitely having!!
Your founder and author,
List of libraries in the Metro Detroit area. If there are any missing please add only those too comments. If you would like other information, please contact us. An ultimate list of all libraries in Michigan can be found here:
- Downtown: 343 South Fifth Avenue, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48104
- Malletts Creek: 3090 E. Eisenhower Parkway, Ann Arbor, MI 48108
- Traverwood: 3333 Traverwood Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48105
- West Branch: 2503 Jackson Ave, Ann Arbor, MI 48103
- Pittsfield: 2359 Oak Valley Dr., Ann Arbor, MI 48103
- 3400 East Seyburn Drive, Auburn Hills, Michigan 48326
- 300 W. Merrill St., Birmingham, MI 48009
- 1200 S. Canton Center Rd., Canton, MI 48188
- Main Branch: 40900 Romeo Plank, Clinton Twp., MI 48038
- South Branch: 35679 South Gratiot, Clinton Twp., MI 48035
- North Branch: 16800 24 Mile, Macomb Twp., MI 48042
- Henry Ford Centennial Library: 16301 Michigan Ave., Dearborn, MI 48126
- Bryant Branch: 22100 Michigan Ave., Dearborn, MI 48126
- Esper Branch: 12929 West Warren, Dearborn, MI 48126
- Main: 5201 Woodward Ave., Detroit, MI
- 22 Other locations to serve you!
Detroit Detroit Public Library – Bowen 3648 West Vernor Highway 48216 (313) 481-1540 Detroit Detroit Public Library – Campbell 8733 W. Vernor 48209 (313) 481-1550 Detroit Detroit Public Library – Chandler Park 12800 Harper Avenue 48213 (313) 481-1560 Detroit Detroit Public Library – Chaney 16101 Grand River Avenue 48227 (313) 481-1570 Detroit Detroit Public Library – Chase 17731 West Seven Mile Road 48235 (313) 481-1580 Detroit Detroit Public Library – Conely 4600 Martin Street 48210 (313) 481-1590 Detroit Detroit Public Library – Douglass Branch For Specialized Services 3666 Grand River Avenue 48208 (313) 481-1700 Detroit Detroit Public Library – Duffield 2507 West Grand Boulevard 48208 (313) 481-1710 Detroit Detroit Public Library – Edison 18400 Joy Road 48228 Detroit Detroit Public Library – Elmwood Park 550 Chene Street 48207 (313) 481-1732 Detroit Detroit Public Library – Franklin 13651 East Mcnichols Road 48205 (313) 481-1740 Detroit Detroit Public Library – Hubbard 12929 West Mcnichols Road 48235 (313) 481-1750 Detroit Detroit Public Library – Jefferson 12350 East Outer Drive 48224 (313) 481-1760 Detroit Detroit Public Library – Knapp 13330 Conant Street 48212 (313) 481-1770 Detroit Detroit Public Library – Mark Twain Annex 4741 Iroquis Street 48214 (313) 481-1790 Detroit Detroit Public Library – Montieth 14100 Kercheval Street 48215 (313) 481-1800 Detroit Detroit Public Library – Municipal Reference Library 5201 Woodward Avenue 48202 (313) 833-1440 Detroit Detroit Public Library – National Automotive History Collection 121 Gratiot 48226 (313) 481-1862 Detroit Detroit Public Library – Parkman 1766 Oakman Boulevard 48238 (313) 481-1810 Detroit Detroit Public Library – Redford 21200 Grand River 48219 (313) 481-1820 Detroit Detroit Public Library – Sherwood Forest 7117 West Seven Mile Road 48221 (313) 481-1840 Detroit Detroit Public Library – Skillman 121 Gratiot Avenue 48226 (313) 481-1850
|Eastpointe||Eastpointe Memorial Library||15875 Oak Avenue||48021||(586) 445-5096|
- 222 E. Nine Mile Rd., Ferndale, MI 48220
- Main Branch: 32737 W. Twelve Mile Rd., Farmington Hills, MI 48334
- Farmington Branch: 23500 Liberty St., Farmington, MI 48335
- 1026 E. Kearsley St., Flint, MI 48503, (810) 232-7111
Flint Beecher Vera B. Rison Library 1386 West Coldwater Road (810) 789-2800 Flint Cody Branch Library 3519 Fenton Road (810) 238-5822 Flint Flint Township-Mccarty Library 2071 South Graham Road (810) 732-9150 Flint Genesee District Library 48504 (810) 732-5570 Flint Genesee Valley Demonstration Location 3517 South Linden Road (810) 732-1822 Flint North Flint Library 5005 Cloverlawn Drive (810) 785-9879 Flint West Flint Library 3601 Beecher Road (810) 238-3637
|Garden City||Garden City Public Library||31735 Maplewood Street||48135||(734) 793-1830|
- Central (Farms): 10 Kercheval Avenue, Grosse Pointe Farms, MI 48236, (313) 343-2074
- Ewald: 15175 E. Jefferson, Grosse Pointe Park, MI 48230
- Woods: 20680 Mack Ave, Grosse Pointe Woods, MI 48236, (313) 343-2072
|Grosse Pointe Park||Grosse Pointe Park Public Library||15430 Kercheval Street||(313) 343-2071|
|Hamtramck||Hamtramck Public Library||2360 Caniff Avenue||48212||(313) 365-7050|
|Harper Woods||Harper Woods Public Library||19601 Harper Avenue||48225||(313) 343-2575|
|Hazel Park||Hazel Park Memorial Library||123 East Nine Mile Road||48030||(248) 546-4095|
- 6495 Clarkson Td., Clarkston, MI 48346
- 201 Village West Dr. S., Lapeer, MI 48446
Lapeer Elba Branch Library 5508 Davison Road (810) 653-7200 Lapeer Marguerite De Angeli Branch Library 921 West Nepessing Street (810) 664-697
- 4 other Locations to Serve you!
- Civic Center Library: 32777 Five Mile Rd., Livonia, MI 48154
- Carl Sandberg Library: 30100 Seven Mile Rd., Livonia, MI 48152
- Alfred Noble Library: 32901 Plymouth Rd., Livonia, MI 48150
- Vest Pocket Library: 33000 Civic Center Dr., Livonia, MI 48154
- 27005 Milford Rd., Couth Lyon, MI 48178
- 150 Cass Ave., Mount Clemens, MI 48043
- 45255 W. 10 Mile Road, Novi, MI 48375
- 825 Joslyn Rd., Lake Orion, MI 48362
- 530 Pontiac St., Oxford, MI 48371
- 223 South Main St., Plymouth, MI 48170
- 60 E. Pike St., Pontiac, MI 48342
|Redford||Redford Township District Library||25320 West Six Mile Road||48240||(313) 531-5960|
|River Rouge||River Rouge Public Library||221 Burke Street||(313) 843-2040|
- 500 Olde Towne Rd, Rochester, MI 48307
- Graubner: 65821 Van Dyke Rd., Washington, MI 48095
- Kezar Library: 107 Church St., Romeo, MI 48065
|Romulus||Romulus Public Library||11121 Wayne Road||(734) 942-7589|
- 222 E. Eleven Mile Rd., Royal Oak, MI 48067
- 51680 Van Dyke, Shelby Twp, MI 48316
- 26300 Evergreen Rd., Southfield, MI 48076
- 12000 Davisburg Rd., Davisburg, MI 48350
- 40255 Dodge Park Road, Sterling Heights, MI 48313
- 510 W. Big Beaver Troy, MI 48084
- Civic Center Library: 1 City Sq. Ste. 100, warren, MI 48093
- Arthur Miller Branch: 5460 Arden, Suite 303, Warren, MI 48092
- Maybelle Burnette Branch Library: 22005 Van Dyke, Warren, MI 48089
- 5168 Civic Center Drive, Waterford, Michigan 48329
- Main Branch: 4600 Walnut Lake Road, West Bloomfield, MI 48323
- Westacres Branch: 7321 Commerce Road, West Bloomfield, MI 48324
- 6123 Central City Pkwy, Westland, MI 48185
- 45 Vinewood St., Wyandotte, MI 48192
You can also support Free Little Libraries around various citys. Check out Detroit here. http://detroitlittlelibraries.org/
It’s 11/8/17 and these books are available free at the time of post. If you know more, please add to the comment. Thanks
Best Sellers in Marketing for Small Businesses
The No. 1 question I receive from writers is “How do I get published?” The most common question after that is: “How do I market my book?”
That first question is far more straightforward to answer, and an easier task for most people. Getting a book published remains a fairly consistent process regardless of who you are, where you live, how much money you have, or what type of book you’ve written.
Marketing, on the other hand, has an incredible number of variables that depend on knowing your reader (your target market) and what resources you have to reach them.
DATE AND TIME
Fri, November 17, 2017
7:00 PM – 9:00 PM EST
My Great Room
4305 West 13 Mile Road
Royal Oak, MI 48073
My new book entitled “Decree” has been a blessing to many people and on November 17, 2017, you too will be able to come out and be inspired and empowered as we come together for a great time!! There will be live music, inspirational moments and testimonies on the impact “Decree” has had on some of its readers. I pray that you will join me for this epic event. RSVP is appreciated and requested by November 7, 2017.
Please welcome Jim Dempsey back to Writer Unboxed today! Jim is a professional member of the Society for Editors and Proofreaders and works as a book editor at a company called Novel Gazing. In his own words, Jim tells us that:
‘I’ve been editing for a little more than 20 years, gradually making the shift from nonfiction to fiction, which is where my heart really lies. After a few years, I was so busy editing novels that it made sense to pool resources with another two editing friends, and together we set up our own company called Novel Gazing. That was in 2012, and although I have continued with a few nonfiction clients, I spend most of my time editing fiction for publishers and self-publishing authors. I enjoy the challenge of fiction, making sure all the pieces fit together to make a perfect whole.’
How to Keep Track of All Your Novel’s Details
After successful 2015 and 2017 events in Michigan, Writing Day Workshops is excited to announce The 2018 Michigan Writing Workshop — a full-day “How to Get Published” writing event in Livonia, MI on April 14, 2018.
This writing event is a wonderful opportunity to get intense instruction over the course of one day, pitch a literary agent or editor (optional), get your questions answered, and more. Note that there are limited seats at the event (200 total). All questions about the event regarding schedule, details and registration are answered below. Thank you for your interest in the 2018 Michigan Writing Workshop!
WHAT IS IT?
This is a special one-day “How to Get Published” writing workshop on Saturday, April 14, 2018, at the Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit Livonia Novi. In other words, it’s one day full of classes and advice designed to give you the best instruction concerning how to…
View original post 2,077 more words
Book marketing to national media has becomes increasingly competitive. We’ve seen a dramatic increase in how effectively indie authors have been able to leverage their communities and local media.
Don’t get caught up in Amazon ranking and social media schedules.
As an indie author, part of your focus should be local. Build your brand. Reach new readers. Nurture relationships with super fans that will support you for the long haul.
Establish yourself as a must-follow local indie author if you live in a vibrant, civic-minded part of the country. Incorporate this into your long-term book marketing plan.
Graphic design, web design, html and css bug fixes!
Check out this awesome seller at Fiverr and start your year off right making your brand better!!