Posts Tagged With: Detroit Institute of Arts
|To listen immediately, click here:
2. Guest: Eddie Connor http://www.eddieconnor.com Interview time: 5:45 p.m.
Guest summary: Eddie Connor a motivational speaker and author or three books, Purposefully Prepared to Persevere, Collections of Reflections and his latest book, E.con the Icon.
Eddie Connor bio:
Eddie Connor was born in Southfield, Michigan but grew up in Kingston, Jamaica. The British Education that Eddie received, during his formative years in Jamaica, can be attributed to his thirst for knowledge. As a product of a divorced family, Eddie realizes that he was not born with a “silver spoon” in his mouth, but was raised by a strong mother, who instilled in him life long values and the importance of governing himself as a positive individual.
His mother, Dr. Janice K. Connor (author of Propelling Faith) has been a missionary to Jamaica, for the past twenty-five years, yet has raised her son to be a standout man of excellence.
Eddie Connor preached his first message, after being diagnosed with cancer, at the age of fifteen in Kingston, Jamaica proclaiming from Psalm 118:17, “I shall not die, but live and declare the works of the Lord.” Eddie affirms that he was “Destined to Overcome the Odds.” Eddie Connor is declaring the works of the Lord. The healing power of God has touched this young man’s life, as he has miraculously been healed from cancer.
Eddie has garnered prestigious honors for his community activism and role model leadership, such as the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Humanitarian Award, Eastern Michigan University President For a Day, and the NAACP Male Student of the Year.
Eddie is a graduate of Eastern Michigan University, having earned a Bachelor of Science in Secondary Education, with a focus in History. Eddie has also earned a Master’s Degree in Education from Marygrove College, as a Reading and Literacy Specialist.
As an Author, Educator, Evangelist, Motivational Speaker, Poet, Radio and TV Host, Eddie Connor shares his story of overcoming cancer in his three books, “Purposefully Prepared to Persevere”, “Collections of Reflections: Symphonies of Strength, Volumes 1-3″, and “E.CON the ICON: from Pop Culture to President Barack Obama“.
Over the years, Eddie has encouraged youth to overcome life’s obstacles on his radio program, “Youth On The March” being broadcast throughout the United States and Caribbean, to more than 25 million people.
Eddie also serves as a contributing writer for Hope Today Magazine.
From Cancer to Conqueror to more than Conqueror, God has truly given Eddie Connor a voice to reach individuals of all ages and backgrounds in this day and time. A young man of passion, determination, and intellectual fortitude, desires to impact minds in perilous times, by enhancing the lives of others and expressing the power to persevere, which will ultimately propel individuals beyond all obstacles.
About E.Con the Icon
E.CON the ICON, redefines what it means to be an icon. Laugh and learn with Eddie Connor, as he presses past the brink of Freedom of Speech and blasts you into a lyrical litany of logic about education, faith, life, pop culture, politics, relationships, and reaching the pinnacle of success.
1. Guest: Andrea Daniel http://www.AndreaDanielPoet.com Interview Time: 5:30 p.m.
Guest summary: Andrea Daniel is an entrepreneur, operating AND Communications where she is copywriter, editor and voice over artist. She is also co-owner of the new publishing company Dakota Avenue West Publishing, publisher of f her new, first book of poetry, Like Gwendolyn.
Andrea is a lifelong poet, with work that has appeared in various publications and as part of a visual poetry exhibit at the Detroit Institute of Arts. When she’s not writing poetry, Andrea is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in a major daily metropolitan newspaper, and she has freelanced for an internationally distributed arts and entertainment magazine. Daniel is a member of the Motown Writer’s Network and the Michigan Literary Network and is producer of the Michigan Literary Network’s Internet radio show on blogtalkradio.com. Additionally, she is a registered songwriter with BMI. She lives in Detroit, Michigan with her son and a sweet little Terrier-Poodle-mix named Dot.
About the book Like Gwendolyn:
Like Gwendolyn, Andrea Daniel’s debut book of poetry epitomizes nearly 40 years of her life as a poet. The first chapter, “Life, death and stuff in between,” is about just that, as Andrea or someone else has experienced or she Andrea imagined it to be. “Love and such,” depicts the love in its many forms, As a survivor of domestic violence, Andrea shares in “Abused Tales,” poems written in her years of recovery. And she wrote the poems in “Love for Jay,’ the final chapter, during the frequent periods of separation from her (now adult) son in his early childhood years.
It is the legacy of poet Gwendolyn Brooks and the beauty of her work that inspired the completion of this book.
(to make a comment to win tickets, please go to http://motownwriters.com and make a comment on the Oct 19th Radio Show for Michigan Literary Radio Network Show)
To listen immediately, click here:
- PODCAST Michigan Literary Radio Show #blogtalkradio Authors: @EddieConnor & Andrea Daniels (motownwriters.wordpress.com)
- MoGal Release Party – Naomi Daniel, La Shaun phoenix Moore, Inohs Sivad (motownwriters.wordpress.com)
- The Essence of Motown Literary Jam & Conference #motownlit #mwn | Register Now! Strengthen literacy and the literary community in Metro Detroit! (motownwriters.wordpress.com)
- PODCAST: Michigan Literary Network Radio Show Oct. 12, 2011 with Author, Quincy Lewis & Passion Fruit Poetry Event Rep #mwn #blogtalkradio (motownwriters.wordpress.com)
Motown Writers | Michigan Literary Network
Off Site Network Pages
Like Our Facebook Pages!
- The Alcona Writers Retreat will run June 4-7 in Alcona County
- Detroit Working Writers Wants to read your work... Deadline April 10th
- #MotownWriters Monthly @DetroitLibrary 3/14 Using video and audio to promote
- WRITING CONTEST from Rochester Writers... DEADLINE COMING SOON #MichLit plz share
- You're invited to The Red Ink Conference (Mar 28, 2015)
- Fwd: [writers-542] Meetup details changed: Motown Writers Monthly Meetup Group Monthly LOCATION CHANGE:DIA
- From Sylvia Hubbard
- #MotownWriters Literary Monthly @Meetup: Gift Exchange| End of the Year Announcements?Unsure of what to do?
- Re: Sylvia Hubbard
- TODAY: Learn to Brand/Publish Your Book w/Pam Perry & Sylvia Hubbard #Detroit
- Detroit Lions Receiver Calvin Johnson Mom, Dr. Arica Johnson, Inspires at Women's Event in Novi | PRLog
- Windsor International Writers Conference
- 11th Annual Motown Literary Meet & Greet B&N WSU Aug 9th #motownlit
- Social Media for authors Aug 2nd Workshop hosted by @DetWkgWriters Space still avail #motownlit
- Fwd: WRITE FOR CHICKEN SOUP - NEW TOPICS
- Fwd: Call for Authors and Sponsors for the Dayton Book Expo Author Pavilion at Dayton Women's Fair
- [The-Detroit-Renegade-Filmmakers] SNL's Film Unit Editor's editing workshop July 25th
- He's Scared, She's Scared Updated Press Release June 17th Detroit Event #motownlit #michlit
- Save the Date: Love, Romance &Intrigue...BOOK LAUNCH in #Detroit June 21 #book #event #networking #motownlit
Help & Donate
- Protected: #rochesterwriters Using Wattpad Notes… cc: @talktravel #amwriting #michlit
- I hate when real life gets in the way of my fiction life…#amwriting #authorsnote #wip #ravenous
- Write Stuff Webinar w/@SylviaHubbard1. Interested? #amwriting #motownwriters
- Just for fun: Ultimate Book Tag from Emily
- Author’s Notes for #WIP #Ravenous… Updated frm Chp17… #amwriting #JustWriteIt @wattpad
Nat’l Writers Union
Search This Site
|@SylviaHubbard1 on Got Books? Help Strengthen Det…|
|@SylviaHubbard1 on Got Books? Help Strengthen Det…|
|mmgsc100 on Got Books? Help Strengthen Det…|
- Michigan Literary Network Radio 5/6/15 guest: Mary Eatmon, author of Nine Houses
- Michigan Literary Network Radio 4/29/15 guest Poetic & Susan Connelly Murphy
- Michigan Literary Network Radio 4/22/15 w/guest Nancy Rodwan
- Michigan Literary Network Radio 4/15/15 w/guest Ken Coleman
- Michigan Literary Network Radio 4/8/15 w/ guest Gabrielle Knox
- Michigan Literary Network Radio 4/1/15 w/guest Dimonique Boyd
- Michigan Literary Network Radio 3/25/15 w/Tenita Johnson & Sheri Hunter
- Author Self-Promo That Actually Works: ow.ly/MdyBH/s/R77J @DelilahSDawson @elizabethscraig 3 hours ago
- #Detroit's @WriteAHouse program is giving this house to one talented writer - apply now bit.ly/1PmEpsl @A_WritersStudio 3 hours ago
- 6 Easy Ways to Create Pricing Tables on Your #WordPress Website → freshtechtips.com/2014/03/free-p…/s/1AEG @mintblogger 4 hours ago
- How to Create & Sell Online Courses Through #WordPress → freshtechtips.com/2015/01/create…/s/oWPc @mintblogger 5 hours ago
- 5 Things to Know Before Getting an Agent (video): ow.ly/MdwlJ/s/3emN @ava_jae @elizabethscraig 6 hours ago
- #MotownWriters Monthly January 5, 2015Motown Writers Meetup Group This is the Detroit Motown Writers Meetup where special guest speakers talk about their literary journey, we share our challenges and struggles and we help each other. Want to announce an event? Want to share your book struggles? Want to announce your book's birth? Got a question! Come in! Join us! Donations are asked, but do […]
- Motown Writers Meetup Group Monthly Meetup June 30, 2011Motown Writers Meetup Group (Please forward this to a friend and bring several friends with you.) See ya Sat and please bring a donation to help us out. Also bring your literary challenges, new books to announce and achievements. Networking is key to our survival as writers and authors! This is your chance to learn, network and connect! Detroit, MI 48202 - U […]
- Freelance Marketplace Writers' Group February 17, 2012Motown Writers Meetup Group This Rochester based group is open to all new, working, and published writers, photographers, and illustrators. All genres welcome and free to attend. We are NOT a critique group - we discuss the business of writing. Topics and guests - we meet the third Tuesday of the month - come once, once in a while, or every time! Rochester H […]
- Auburn Hills Writers Group Meeting!! February 5, 2013Motown Writers Meetup Group Writing exercises, discussion, networking and critique every 3rd Thursday at 6:30 at the Auburn Hills Library. Auburn Hills, MI 48326 - USA Thursday, May 21 at 6:30 PM Attending: 5 Details: http://www.meetup.com/michiganliterarynetwork/events/221624275/
- Nandi's Knowledge Cafe Open Mic Poetry July 13, 2013Recurring Event First start: 2013-07-18 21:00:00 EDT Duration: 10800 Where: 12511 Woodward off of Glendale, in Highland Park Event Status: confirmed Event Description: w/ Torreano Resean Harrison contact https://www.facebook.com/Caesar.Torreano
- Always Brewing Detroit July 13, 2013Recurring Event First start: 2013-07-18 18:30:00 EDT Duration: 9000 Where: 19180 Grand River Ave, Detroit, Michigan 48223 Event Status: confirmed Event Description: Open Mic tonight and every Thursday Always Brewing Detroit! Sign-up starts at 6:30pm, performances start at 7pm. Come and bring a friend! This is an open mic for poets, storytellers, singers/song […]
- Banned Book Week via @OMGFacts July 6, 2013When: Sun Sep 22, 2013 to Sat Sep 28, 2013 Where: EVERYWHERE Event Status: confirmed Event Description: The last week in September is designated as Banned Books Week in honor of great authors that have been challenged by various institutions
- Pen, Pitch, Publish, Profit! April 2, 2013When: Sat May 4, 2013 11am to 4pm EDT Where: 6 Depot Square - Montclair, 07042 Event Status: confirmed Event Description: For details, link here: http://penpitchpublishprofit.eventbrite.com
- Detroit Association of Black Storytellers (DAB) January 21, 2011When: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10am to 12pm ESTReplaces event originally scheduled for: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10am Where: Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History - Detroit, MI Event Status: confirmed Event Description: Detroit Association of Black Storytellers (DABS) meets at Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History on the 4th Saturday of each m […]
- Group wall post by Maia Crown WilliamsMaia Crown Williams wrote on Motown Writers Network's wall: https://meccacon.wordpress.com/2015/03/22/meccacon2015-applications-apply-today/ Register for your table to MECCAcon 2015 #MECCAcon2015 TODAY! (1 like, 0 comments)
- Wallflux demonstration (update in 12 minutes)You are viewing content through a demonstration-version of the Wallflux of the Motown Writers Network-Facebook group. To remove this notice, and get access to the live Wallflux-feed, register it at https://www.wallflux.com/ To display images and comments in your Wallflux, use the Wallflux Atom: https://wallflux.com/atom/68379811096 If you are interested in a […]
- Link: Ken Coleman shares the heritage of Detroit’s Black BottomKen Coleman posted a link to Motown Writers Network's wall: Million Dollars Worth of Nerve is a collection that tells the fascinating story of blacks in Detroit during the 1930s, ‘40s and ‘50s. Check out this feature in Metro Times Detroit: #MICHLIT (3 likes, 0 comments)
- Link: Women Leaders Inspiring TOUCHE' Fathers | Welcome TOUCHE' Sponsor Inspire Many® Life Coaching...Mahogany Mignon posted a link to Motown Writers Network's wall: Women Leaders Inspiring TOUCHE' Fathers | Welcome TOUCHE' Sponsor Inspire Many® Life Coaching for Women Casandra Henriquez!! TOUCHE' Spoken Word & Adopt Single Father | Father's Day Tribute. Friday June 19, 2015 Munch & Mingle @ 8pm | Show starts @ 9pm Hosted by […]
- Group wall post by Kelly GreeneKelly Greene posted a photo on Motown Writers Network's wall: Preachers of Detroit cast member Bishop Corletta J. Vaughn with her new book "Teach Your Daughters to Fly" (4 likes, 0 comments)
Writer’s Must Have Resources
Synergy Energy: How to Use the Power of Partnerships to Market Your Book, Grow Your Business, and Brand Your Ministry
Dan Poynter's Self-Publishing Manual, Volume 2: How to Write, Print and Sell Your Own Book
Do you have a writer's resource must have? Contact Us!
see more links and partners | click here