Posts Tagged With: Paranormal
That character you’re coming up in your head will start appearing in real life. No else will see them except you.
They’ll start appearing in crowds, standing over your bed as you sleep, walking behind you in dark parking lots as you head to your car, in parks staring at you as if you’ve lost your mind…
You’ll be haunted day and night and their name will start appearing in other people’s conversation without you even bringing it up.
Don’t start calling the Exorcist or preacher to bless your Work in progress.
This all just means you have to write faster and finish the book and the haunting should stop… we said should…
Fake Writer’s Horoscope is a monthly feature sponsored by Motown Writers Network. Got one? Submit it with a short bio and website credit. Make them funny? Serious? Encouraging? Or just plain common sense.
This week’s Motown Writers Network author feature is on Jessica Clavell. Read below to find about Jessica and her new book Feelings Run Deep
Feelings Run Deep chronicles the true paranormal experiences of a young girl, which started early in her toddler years, then resumed in her teens. In between those terrifying paranormal encounters she experienced horrendous physical and sexual child abuse by the man whom her family always led her to believe was her father. Even though her mother knew how deeply he hated her daughter it wasn’t until her mother was dying that she revealed to her that he was not her father, which made the protagonist furious at her dying mother.
This book depicts several true life experiences that the author experienced which lies outside of the natural realm, but she certainly experienced it and at times it was also witnessed by other family members, such as the things brought about by those filled with hatred and revenge. As incredulous as some of the incidents in this book may seem, the author is willing to receive medically administered Sodium Pentothal to attest to the veracity of the contents of this book.
The book is available at: http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B00A3HC4V8.
Q & A with Jessica
Where are you from?
I was born in Jackson, Georgia, but has spent the majority of my life in Detroit.
When and why did you begin writing?
I began writing over ten years ago. The recession caused me to abandon this endeavor for over five years because all my stuff was in storage. Once the Lord pulled me through those hardships and brought restoration of the essential things that I needed to be me, I felt compelled me to finish what I started, and in pursuit of that I saw that He had gone before me and opened up doors for this book to be brought to completion and publication.
When did you first consider yourself a writer?
I was so caught up in working and getting this book out to readers, because it has some very emotional and precautionary content in it, and to get my children and any listener to know that there is a powerful spiritual world that exist within this physical and material world, that I didn’t think of myself as being a writer until I had Amazon to ship my friend a copy of the book and she called me to say, “Girl, you’re an author!” Since then she had bought a few more books for her friends and as Christmas gifts. Now that’s a friend! She’s a beautiful rare jewel, and I know her husband feels the same.
What inspired you to write your first book?
My life experience for the first third of my life. I felt like it’s a precautionary tell that can help others.
Do you have a specific writing style?
The writing style used for this book is descriptive, because I just had a story to tell.
How did you come up with the title?
This life experience has taught me about the impact of feelings, and how everyone is led by them, some with a will to do good and others are led by either feelings of hatred or selfishness.
Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?
I feel like it’s a warning sign of abuse or potential abuse, for parents who love their children to protect them from such indelible pain, and for readers who are head of households to see that little negative emotions within those in a family should immediately be addressed and hopefully eradicated in order to prevent the growth of family rivalry. And I want them to grasp an awareness of the powerful spiritual realm; and hopefully that will be an incentive for the readers to pursue a knowledge of the spiritual laws that affect our lives.
How much of the book is realistic?
All of it.
Are experiences based on someone you know, or events in your own life?
Yes. It’s my personal memoir.
What books have most influenced your life most?
The Bible and books about Edgar Cayce that were written prior to his passing, and The Master Key by Charles F. Haanel.
If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor?
I would consider Charles Haanel and all the writers who wrote about the information that The Creator dispensed to us through Edgar Cayce, along with all the writers of the bible, so I can’t make a distinction between them.
What book are you reading now?
The Master Key, by Charles Haanel.
Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest?
Yes. The Virtuous Man by Kevin Toney and The 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman.
What are your current projects?
I’ve had some beautiful songs published, so after promoting this book, with the help of the Lord, I’m going to gather some gifted singers together to record a gospel cd.
Name one entity that you feel supported you outside of family members.
My friend, Johnnie Mae.
Do you see writing as a career?
I would like to write one other book, and that’s enough for me. It requires too much sitting down, especially when having a sedentary job, and that’s not healthy.
If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your latest book?
Do you recall how your interest in writing originated?
I was compelled to provide awareness to others about my experiences with the powerful spirit realm and the indelible pains of child abuse.
Can you share a little of your current work with us?
Yes. You can go to Amazon.com and read the first chapter free, and there’s a Look Inside the Book feature that allows you to view other pages of the book.
Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?
Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?
I like Charles Haanel because he described the power of the mind and the spiritual laws that govern our lives and how we are to operate within those laws to obtain our desires. I like Kevin Toney’s book about being a virtuous man because he mentioned some fundamental lessons that need to be taught to young men to instill in them sexual morality and fidelity. I haven’t read the entire book yet, but one excerpt that I was glad he mentioned was that when he was a teenager the subject of sex and how to treat girls was never mentioned in church. That was my frustration when my son was a teenager. Prior to Internet fultering, when one of us would be on the Internet all kinds of pornography popped up begging you to come look at them, and they be into of all kinds of ungodly practices. Then when we would go to church there was never a word spoken about the misleading immorality that are confusing young boys on a daily basis. And like I said, I like books that were written about Edgar Cayce’s revelations to us on God, His laws, Jesus, and the metaphysical aspects of existence.
Do you have to travel much concerning your book(s)?
Who designed the covers?
A Canadian cover designer, Rita Loews and Stephannie Beman.
What was the hardest part of writing your book?
Correcting typos. My thoughts often exceeded my typing speed, and I created quite a bit of them while trying to work through fatigue and sleepiness.
Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?
How people live their lives according to their feelings, regardless of how someone else feels, and some people derive pleasure from hurting other people.
Do you have any advice for other writers?
Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?
I hope you enjoy the book, and are able to see my objective.
§ Name of Author: Jessica Clavell
§ Name of Book: Feelings Run Deep
§ Amazon Link: http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B00A3HC4V8
§ Twitter Link: Thriving2learn@books_2_adore
You can read the first chapter for free on Amazon.com plus there’s a Look Inside the Book feature that allows you to read a little more of the other chapters..
Motown Writers | Michigan Literary Network
Off Site Network Pages
Like Our Facebook Pages!
- Ready Set Learn! Up your literary endeavors for 2022 by attending the #RochesterWriters Conference Oct 23rd
- Using Canva For Book Promotion Workshops Are Back For October via @LashaundaH
- #MotownWriters @meetup Oct9th VIRTUALLY @ FB Grp 10am | 21st Century Book Release How Tos w/ @LashaundaH
- Need literary inspiration for October months for posting
- Fwd: TMR's 31st Annual Jeffrey E. Smith Editors' Prize is NOW OPEN
- Your Audience Is Waiting for You ... via @makeyourmarkps
- Thank You! 💜from Author Sylvia Hubbard and the Michigan Literary Network📚
- #TuesdayTips: Make sure your website is #mobile ready! #booksellingtechniques | #21CenturyAuthorMarketing
- You're invited to #MotownWriters @Meetup Saturday July10th 10am on our Facebook Group [Virtual]
- Going Live (abruptly) with my readers in the Facebook group! Got burning questions about my books? Join me today at 1:45pm See you soon
- Grosse Pointe Theatre's Ten-Minute #Playwriting Workshop Series starts July 2021 - Registration Now Open, All Welcome #michlit Metro #Detroit
- Grosse Pointe Theatre’s Ten-Minute #Playwriting Workshop Series starts July 2021 – Registration Now Open, All Welcome #michlit
- #Learnwithme @ #Motownwriters FB Group : How to Focus on one literary 📝project at a time✍🏿 #Motownwriters 📚💜 #writingcommunity May16th @ Noon
- #MotownWriters May Featured Author: @ConnorCoyne Grab #Urbantasm, Review, Support, Share #MichLit
- Authors - Get 1,000 IG followers in 30 DAYS!
- Check out 30 Day Book 📚 Blueprint w/Tamara Rasheed wsg @sylviahubbard1 #bookmasterclass #authorinterview #syltips #motownwriters
- Join #MotownWriters today at 10am with Shar Halliburton on Facebook to learn how livestreaming can benefit you as a writer
- Join #MotownWriters @meetup 10am on our FB Group 5/8/21 - Saturday w/ Shar Halliburton #qdpllc LiveStreaming for Authors
- 🌟 New Episode #32: Purposeful + Practical PR = Rockstar Publicity, with Yetunde Shorters w/@pamperry
- #WritersWednesday: ✍🏿Writing with Passion 🈴Masterclass on Thinking Out Loud Radio Show📻 #tolradioshow w/host Michael Nimmons @TOLRadioHostMSN
Help & Donate
- Protected: 21st Century Publishing workshop notes
- Be the protagonist in your own Romance Story. Celebrate #nationalbookmonth ! #onlineadventure #Romance 18& over Be Naughty Or Nice! Online Interactive Adult Game
- Get Ready Set & Learn! Up your literary endeavors for 2022 by attending the #RochesterWriters Conference Oct 23rd with @sylviahubbard1 21st century publishing & weaving suspense in romance! ￼
- #Kindle Readers, Free Reads Available, even if you aren’t #Prime #Select #SylLit #youshuldbereading Or give a #freeread to a friend 📚
- Stay warm with these 🔥HOT🔥 books: #LoveLikeThis #Beautiful #DaddysGirl #fallreading 📚 #bookpromo 📖 #eroticthriller #romancesuspense
Nat’l Writers Union
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
#MichLit Monthly @Meetups
Grand Rapids Region Writers Group
Meetings are held on the 2nd Saturday of the month, starting at noon located at Peppino’s Sports Grille, 1515 Eastport Drive, Kentwood.
2nd & 4th Monday’s of each Month
West Branch Public Library
(Community Room Downstairs)
119 N. Fourth Street
West Branch, MI 48661
3rd Monday. RSVP next meetup
Would you like to add your Michigan Writing Group? Contact us
Search This Site
|Willie B White on Article: Using TikTok to Sell…|
|Willie White on (video) “You won’t…|
|Willie B White on Article: How To Sell Your Book…|
- 10/4/17 w/La Jill Hunt
- 9/13/17 replay of Brian A. Matthews interview
- 9/6/17 w/guest Brian A. Matthews
- 8/30/17 w/guest C. Imani Williams
- 8/23/17 - Special Edition: Remembering Dick Gregory - 11/19/14 Interview Replay
- 8/2/17 Special Edition at Source Booksellers w/Susan Burton & Paul Butler
- 7/26/17 w/guest Phette Hollins
- Have you checked out the free books on the podcast or my literary life on audio? Click the link in the bio or go t… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 35 minutes ago
- Read something different this weekend that will take you to the next level. sylviahubbard.com/daddysgirl 💗😍🥰🙂📝💜⭐👩💻📖📙📚… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 54 minutes ago
- RT @GlenAdamsWriter: Great load of information today from Sylvia Hubbard (another Michigander) at the Rochester Writer's Conference. Thanks… 1 hour ago
- The local author uses Detroit as a backdrop for novels dld.bz/hNhzt B In an office in her Detroit home,… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 hours ago
- Schedule a book talk at your event or location today with this author. Also available for workshops, keynote speech… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 hours ago
- Sign up for the #RochesterWriters Conference Oct23rd michlit #motownwriters #writersconference
- #Learnwithme: How to Focus on one literary 📝project at a time✍🏿 #Motownwriters 📚💜 #writingcommunity
- Join #MotownWriters @meetup 10am on our FB Group 5/8/21 – Saturday w/ Shar Halliburton #qdpllc @Sassy_Spartan96
- ✍🏾#MotownWriters @meetup w/ #michlit author, @nataliedunbar16| 🎆 Coming back and Learning The Literary New📚💗 Feb13th 10am @ Facebook Group [virtual]
- End of the Year #MotownWriters & Creating an Author’s Call To Action for more book sales. #CTA #bookpromo #EOY #GoalDiggingBookSuccess
- Join #MotownWriters 📚 @meetup Saturday 12/12/2020 @ 10am EST [Virtually] on Facebook ✍🏾 w/ @selfpubwithdale 😎
- Join us #MotownWriters Nov14th @meetup online on FB 10am
- Court ruling could close Doel nuclear reactors earlierA ruling by the Constitutional Court could mean the nuclear power stations Doel 1 and Doel 2 have to close down earlier than the government planned. The Court this week struck down a law passed in 2015 which extended the lifetime of the reactors by ten years. The case was brought by two environmental organisations, Bond Beter Leefmilieu (BBL) and Inter-Envir […]
- Turkey Nixes Nuclear Power Plant Deal With JapanTurkey has canceled an agreement with a Japanese-led consortium to build a 4,500-megawatt nuclear plant in Sinop in northern Turkey along the Black Sea coast. The Sinop site would have been Turkey’s second nuclear plant Turkish Energy Minister Fatih Donmez said that results of feasibility studies conducted by Japan’s Mitsubishi Heavy Industries did not meet […]
- Erdoğan: Sinop Nuclear Plant Project Halted"We are not at the desired point on the Sinop nuclear power plant project," Recep Tayyip Erdoğan told daily Nikkei. Erdoğan arrived in Japan today for the G20 summit in Osaka, where he will meet with Japan's Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and US President Donald Trump. Responding to a question that says, "Feasibility studies show that the cost […]
- Hungary working to modify funding for Russian-built nuclear plantBUDAPEST (Reuters) - Hungary is working to modify financing for a nuclear plant being built by Russia so it only starts repaying the loan once the two reactors begin supplying power, a Hungarian minister said, after an EU review of the plans contributed to delays in the project. The existing 2 Gigawatt Paks plant, which accounts for half of Hungary's po […]
- Insurance against nuclear damage regulated in BelarusMINSK, 14 January (BelTA) – Belarus President Alexander Lukashenko signed decree No.15 “On responsibility for nuclear damage” on 14 January, the press service of the head of state told BelTA. The document creates a mechanism to ensure financial assurance for damage caused by an activity involving nuclear energy. The decree limits the liability for damage of […]
Writer’s Must Have Resources
BadRedhead Media 30-Day Book Marketing Challenge: How to energize your book sales in a month
Synergy Energy: How to Use the Power of Partnerships to Market Your Book, Grow Your Business, and Brand Your Ministry
Dan Poynter's Self-Publishing Manual, Volume 2: How to Write, Print and Sell Your Own Book
Do you have a writer's resource must have? Contact Us!
see more links and partners | click here