Posts Tagged With: Yahoo
At a Google presentation last week, many business owners in Michigan learned firsthand from the search engine gurus themselves, why every business must have a website. At the top of the list of vehicles to help customers find their website was social networks like Facebook and Twitter. These networks are so important because they help your customers find you as you leave breadcrumbs
that lead to your on-line store.
You may have heard that Google has recently launched their own social network, Google + but do you have a circles yet? If I’m talking a foreign language to you, I invite you to visit www.facebook.com/socialmediamadeeasycoachingand watch the recent videos that were created by Google to show you how their new social network can work for you.
Google gets it. They know that social networks are not going anywhere. They are only growing. Google sees that this concept of people connecting to the things that matter to them (which 10 years ago was made popular by another search engine Yahoo and social network MySpace) is worth them also giving it a shot. With the best internet minds and their robust search engine user collateral at their disposal, Google is betting they can compete with Facebook the current social network favorite with 500 million active users.
Don’t wait any longer. Learn to maximize your social media connections and content. The book buyer’s market is vast and many readers are impulse buyers. Start leaving breadcrumbs that lead to your book everywhere. Here is one of my breadcrumbs. www.theartofreinventingyoubook.com Follow it and see where it leads you.
BTW, http://bookbusinessmag.com has this free white paper “21 Tips for Book Publishers to Build an Effective Social Media Strategy” that I highly recommend. Check it out as well.
Until next time press those buttons, I dare you.
- Social Media for Authors: New Google Social Network and more… (motownwriters.wordpress.com)
Motown Writers | Michigan Literary Network
Off Site Network Pages
Like Our Facebook Pages!
- #MotownWriters Monthly @DetroitLibrary 3/14 Using video and audio to promote
- WRITING CONTEST from Rochester Writers... DEADLINE COMING SOON #MichLit plz share
- You're invited to The Red Ink Conference (Mar 28, 2015)
- Fwd: [writers-542] Meetup details changed: Motown Writers Monthly Meetup Group Monthly LOCATION CHANGE:DIA
- From Sylvia Hubbard
- #MotownWriters Literary Monthly @Meetup: Gift Exchange| End of the Year Announcements?Unsure of what to do?
- Re: Sylvia Hubbard
- TODAY: Learn to Brand/Publish Your Book w/Pam Perry & Sylvia Hubbard #Detroit
- Detroit Lions Receiver Calvin Johnson Mom, Dr. Arica Johnson, Inspires at Women's Event in Novi | PRLog
- Windsor International Writers Conference
- 11th Annual Motown Literary Meet & Greet B&N WSU Aug 9th #motownlit
- Social Media for authors Aug 2nd Workshop hosted by @DetWkgWriters Space still avail #motownlit
- Fwd: WRITE FOR CHICKEN SOUP - NEW TOPICS
- Fwd: Call for Authors and Sponsors for the Dayton Book Expo Author Pavilion at Dayton Women's Fair
- [The-Detroit-Renegade-Filmmakers] SNL's Film Unit Editor's editing workshop July 25th
- He's Scared, She's Scared Updated Press Release June 17th Detroit Event #motownlit #michlit
- Save the Date: Love, Romance &Intrigue...BOOK LAUNCH in #Detroit June 21 #book #event #networking #motownlit
- He's Scared, She's Scared Updated Press Release June 17th Detroit Event #motownlit #michlit
- Monday Motivation UrbanNation Radio w/ @MonicaMJones wsg @SylviaHubbard June 9th Tune In!
- #MotownWriters w/@MonicaMJones Topic:Momentum for your Muse 5/10 WSU B&N #detroit
Help & Donate
- Author’s Notes for #WIP #Ravenous… Chapter 8 comments… #amwriting
- 2015 #ReadAnEbookWeek Promotion March1-7 #amreading FREE & Discounted RT plz or submit yr author deals
- #WIP #Ravenous: Author’s Note 2 #amreading #amwriting #JustWriteIt #Wattpad
- AuthorsNote: Ravenous: Taking Care of Him Book 1… #amwriting #amreading #wattpad
- Check out the entire Mistaken Identity Series! Including the new release! #syllit #amreading
Nat’l Writers Union
Search This Site
|@SylviaHubbard1 on Got Books? Help Strengthen Det…|
|mmgsc100 on Got Books? Help Strengthen Det…|
|metta4ricwordz on Notes frm #MotownWriters @Meet…|
- Michigan Literary Network Radio 4/1/15 guests TBA
- Michigan Literary Network Radio 3/25/15 w/Tenita Johnson & Sheri Hunter
- Michigan Literary Network Radio 3/18/15 w/Darlene Dickson
- Michigan Literary Network Radio 3/11/15-Michael Stone Richards & Emilio Rodrigue
- Michigan Literary Network Radio 3/4/15 w/Jesse Cole
- Michigan Literary Network Radio 2/18/15 w/Mary Eatmon
- Michigan Literary Network Radio #MichLit #MotownWriters
- :What's happening at Source Booksellers this month? Click the Bookmark Calendar to find out. bit.ly/1EDf652 @sourcebksellers 40 minutes ago
- I need a give a single mom $20 today since Y'all celebrate any holiday http://t.co/yhYFzs35zN 43 minutes ago
- The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.Chinese Proverb… instagram.com/p/07vtFcyy4_/ 1 hour ago
- : New Local TV Show Premiering on April 5th on TV20 - MI HEALTHY MIND bit.ly/1aipbYh @BillyWhitehouse 2 hours ago
- Michigan Literary Network News is out! paper.li/sylviahubbard1… Stories via @JillEileenSmith @creativemany @anneheathen 7 hours ago
- Motown Writers Meetup Group Monthly Meetup June 30, 2011Motown Writers Meetup Group (Please forward this to a friend and bring several friends with you.) See ya Sat and please bring a donation to help us out. Also bring your literary challenges, new books to announce and achievements. Networking is key to our survival as writers and authors! This is your chance to learn, network and connect! Detroit, MI 48202 - U […]
- #MotownWriters Monthly January 5, 2015Motown Writers Meetup Group This is the Detroit Motown Writers Meetup where special guest speakers talk about their literary journey, we share our challenges and struggles and we help each other. Want to announce an event? Want to share your book struggles? Want to announce your book's birth? Got a question! Come in! Join us! Donations are asked, but do […]
- Auburn Hills Writers Group Meeting!! February 5, 2013Motown Writers Meetup Group Writing exercises, discussion, networking and critique every 3rd Thursday at 6:30 at the Auburn Hills Library. Auburn Hills, MI 48326 - USA Thursday, April 16 at 6:30 PM Attending: 2 Details: http://www.meetup.com/michiganliterarynetwork/events/220857689/
- Freelance Marketplace Writers' Group February 17, 2012Motown Writers Meetup Group This Rochester based group is open to all new, working, and published writers, photographers, and illustrators. All genres welcome and free to attend. We are NOT a critique group - we discuss the business of writing. Topics and guests - we meet the third Tuesday of the month - come once, once in a while, or every time! Rochester H […]
- Nandi's Knowledge Cafe Open Mic Poetry July 13, 2013Recurring Event First start: 2013-07-18 21:00:00 EDT Duration: 10800 Where: 12511 Woodward off of Glendale, in Highland Park Event Status: confirmed Event Description: w/ Torreano Resean Harrison contact https://www.facebook.com/Caesar.Torreano
- Always Brewing Detroit July 13, 2013Recurring Event First start: 2013-07-18 18:30:00 EDT Duration: 9000 Where: 19180 Grand River Ave, Detroit, Michigan 48223 Event Status: confirmed Event Description: Open Mic tonight and every Thursday Always Brewing Detroit! Sign-up starts at 6:30pm, performances start at 7pm. Come and bring a friend! This is an open mic for poets, storytellers, singers/song […]
- Banned Book Week via @OMGFacts July 6, 2013When: Sun Sep 22, 2013 to Sat Sep 28, 2013 Where: EVERYWHERE Event Status: confirmed Event Description: The last week in September is designated as Banned Books Week in honor of great authors that have been challenged by various institutions
- Pen, Pitch, Publish, Profit! April 2, 2013When: Sat May 4, 2013 11am to 4pm EDT Where: 6 Depot Square - Montclair, 07042 Event Status: confirmed Event Description: For details, link here: http://penpitchpublishprofit.eventbrite.com
- Detroit Association of Black Storytellers (DAB) January 21, 2011When: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10am to 12pm ESTReplaces event originally scheduled for: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10am Where: Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History - Detroit, MI Event Status: confirmed Event Description: Detroit Association of Black Storytellers (DABS) meets at Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History on the 4th Saturday of each m […]
- Group wall post by Torreano Resean HarrisonTorreano Resean Harrison posted a photo on Motown Writers Network's wall: We get it in every Thursday night at NANDI'S KNOWLEDGE CAFE' from 9pm to 12am. We are located at 12511 Woodward off of Glendale, in Highland Park. Our featured poet this week is the amazing Azizi Jasper He will be going all in blazing our venue with his outstanding poeti […]
- Video: Michigan Literary Network Radio Online Radio by MichLiterary NetworkAndrea Daniel posted a video on Motown Writers Network's wall: Tomorrow, on Michigan Literary Network Radio... We usher in National Poetry Month. We'll highlight the poetry of some Detroit poets, past and present with on-air readings. Tune in, Wed., 4/1/15, 5:30p EST, bit.ly/Nh9eQg or call in to listen live to (646) 915-9177. Poetry is s life force […]
- Wallflux RSS demonstration (update in 44 minutes)You are viewing content through a demonstration-version of the Wallflux of the Motown Writers Network-Facebook group. To remove this notice, and get access to the live Wallflux-feed, register it at https://www.wallflux.com/ Try also Wallflux Events, the calendar for your Facebook group at https://wallflux.com/events/68379811096
- Link: The Joke Is On YouLovey Indie Love Vawters posted a link to Motown Writers Network's wall: Faith has the perfect life from the outside looking in. She has a great career, a big house, fancy cars and the man of her dreams, but what happens when her husband Cole starts to get bored at home? Will he just be a man about it and lay everything out on the table or will he do as […]
- Link: Judge Me NotTanisha Nish Stewart posted a link to Motown Writers Network's wall: What would your reviews say? Grab your copy and review today!! Judge Me Not by Honey 5.0 out of 5 stars This is a... I can't put down... who needs sleep when you can read kind of book. March 24, 2015 By Gigi Judge Me Not was a fast paced trip to the gritty side of Middle Georgia. […]
Writer’s Must Have Resources
Synergy Energy: How to Use the Power of Partnerships to Market Your Book, Grow Your Business, and Brand Your Ministry
Dan Poynter's Self-Publishing Manual, Volume 2: How to Write, Print and Sell Your Own Book
Do you have a writer's resource must have? Contact Us!
see more links and partners | click here