Articles and Subjects on Social Media for w
7 The Digital Reader by Nate Hoffelder /
Whether you’re new to ebook publishing or you’re already a New York Times bestselling author, the Smart Author Podcast will help you reach more readers with your words. A short preview trailer launched this week. Give it a listen now at Apple Podcasts, or visit any of the links at the bottom of this post.
Next Friday, October 27, marks the official launch when we’ll release the first four episodes. Subscribe now at Apple Podcasts so you don’t miss a single episode!
You might wonder, does the world need yet another podcast on self publishing? I think the answer is YES!
Trouble clicking? Copy and paste this URL into your browser:
So you’ve completed your magnum opus and you’ve just released it out into the world. Time to sit back and enjoy the rave reviews and rich royalties that come rolling your way? No, not quite. You still have some work to do. As a matter of fact, with the reach of the Internet and so many social media forums, there are a zillion things that you could do, should do, can do, to include the new book in your online presence and to get the word out. After all, you want to ride that wave before the 30-day cliff hits!
Having a check list is a good idea, because it would be easy to overlook those areas where you don’t check in frequently or spend a lot of time. How many times have you stumbled over an old bio tucked away somewhere, and it doesn’t have your last three books? Your profiles are already out there; don’t waste the opportunity to tout the new book.
Update Your Online Presence Read more of this post
Melissa Bowersock | February 16, 2016 at 1:00 pm | Tags: author marketing, book release checklist | URL: http://wp.me/p1WnN1-hyL
Pearseus, Rise of the Prince (book 2 in the series) book coverA-Z Guide: How both my books reached #1 on Amazon.
This was an amazing article I read in my research hour on Nicolas Rossis’ website that I must share with you!
Push Nevahda’s Controversial Drama “Presumed Incompetent” Comes to The Detroit International Centre Theatre October 5-6
click pic for video
BUY TICKETS @ EVENTBRITE:
Published: April 12, 2009
Words: 18437 (approximate)
A guide for writers with or without published work. A comprehensive resource that every writer should have in their library in order to learn how to publish, promote, and market themselves on the Internet. With over 1000+ websites, tips and more to help you become a success and spreading the word about your product and services.
Available e-book reading formats
|Online Reading (HTML, good for sampling in web browser)||View|
|Kindle (.mobi for Kindle devices and Kindle apps)||Download|
|Epub (Apple iPad/iBooks, Nook, Sony Reader, Kobo, and most e-reading apps including Stanza, Aldiko, Adobe Digital Editions, others)||Download|
|PDF (good for reading on PC, or for home printing)||Download|
|LRF (Use only for older model Sony Readers that don’t support .epub)||Download|
|Palm Doc (PDB) (for Palm reading devices)||Download|
The economy is shaky, customers are more conservative and marketing budgets have shrunk. What’s a entrepreneur to do?
Well let’s begin by looking at the definition of an entrepreneur. “Entrepreneurs use personal initiative, and engage in calculated risk-taking, to create new business ventures by raising resources to apply innovative new ideas that solve problems, meet challenges, or satisfy the needs of a clearly defined market.” (Entrepreneurship: Creating a Venture by Lily Kretchman et al. Toronto: Wiley, 1991.) In this definition the answer is clear. Entrepreneurs no matter what the economic outlook take calculated risks, create new business ventures and solve problems.
This is why Social Media Made Easy works to give entrepreneurs the edge. Entrepreneurs have and will always be the creators of the innovative businesses ventures that will change the landscape of communities, cities and the world. So who needs on-line marketing/social media? The answer is authors, speakers, personal trainers, holistic health practitioners, coaches, self-improvement teachers, real estate agents, MLM professionals and all the other problem solvers. Finding and engaging your target market has never been easier and the best part is that access is essentially FREE.
Join Social Media Made Easy at Mobile Media Mysteries Uncovered 2/9/12 @ 6pm at WCCCD Eastern Campus.
At a Google presentation last week, many business owners in Michigan learned firsthand from the search engine gurus themselves, why every business must have a website. At the top of the list of vehicles to help customers find their website was social networks like Facebook and Twitter. These networks are so important because they help your customers find you as you leave breadcrumbs
that lead to your on-line store.
You may have heard that Google has recently launched their own social network, Google + but do you have a circles yet? If I’m talking a foreign language to you, I invite you to visit www.facebook.com/socialmediamadeeasycoachingand watch the recent videos that were created by Google to show you how their new social network can work for you.
Google gets it. They know that social networks are not going anywhere. They are only growing. Google sees that this concept of people connecting to the things that matter to them (which 10 years ago was made popular by another search engine Yahoo and social network MySpace) is worth them also giving it a shot. With the best internet minds and their robust search engine user collateral at their disposal, Google is betting they can compete with Facebook the current social network favorite with 500 million active users.
Don’t wait any longer. Learn to maximize your social media connections and content. The book buyer’s market is vast and many readers are impulse buyers. Start leaving breadcrumbs that lead to your book everywhere. Here is one of my breadcrumbs. www.theartofreinventingyoubook.com Follow it and see where it leads you.
BTW, http://bookbusinessmag.com has this free white paper “21 Tips for Book Publishers to Build an Effective Social Media Strategy” that I highly recommend. Check it out as well.
Until next time press those buttons, I dare you.
- Social Media for Authors: New Google Social Network and more… (motownwriters.wordpress.com)
Since 2007 I have been an active user of Facebook and I have witnessed many upgrades and deletions of apps and such that drive interaction on the most common social network in history. I’ve also watched businesses and author jump on the band wagon without a clue of what the game was about. Monkey see, monkey do. And so it is with many authors.
This series of social media blogs for authors was birthed out of a desire to help authors stop being crowd followers and begin to open their eyes to the wealth of resources and income potential social networks bring. Today we will discuss the buttons or tabs that seem to get ignored because some people think that clicking them will break the computer or something.
So let me make it clear once and for all. Buttons are your friends. They want you to push them. They are crying out to you, “please,
pretty please stop ignoring me.” Now that we are clear let’s move on. The first question that any human has when exploring a subject is why and this is where we will begin in today’s session.
When you press any button, you are activating or deactivating something. Press the power button on your computer and you turn it on. Press again to turn it off. Visit your email and enter a login code and password then press the login button to login or get started reading and responding to messages in your inbox. Its kinda like when you come home from work, put the key in the key hole and turn it to enter your home. If you turn the key the wrong way, you may not get in the door but you have learned that if you turn the key in the opposite direction, chances are, you gain access. You see, it’s that easy.
So, the number one reason for pressing the button is to gain access and the second is to link access. If you are asking what you are gaining access too, then you are with me. The answer is you are gaining access to the originator of the button and in the case of social networks, you are also gaining access to the originator’s network and if you add a link, you are giving access to an additional network. How cool is that? If you are not following me, don’t worry, I’m going to make this all relevant in just a few.
Hopefully by now, every reader of this blog has a “like” page for their book. If not, stop reading this blog and do it now. Stop procrastinating and just do it. I want you to jump on the band wagon and explore your surroundings. This is a coaching blog so you are learning and not simply following.
Ok, now that you have your page up, you’ve followed all the prompts to populate the page with relevant content and invited your friends to join, visit www.facebook.com/socialmediamadeeasycoaching and let’s stay connected just in case you need more support.
Back to gaining and linking access. Off-line people speak negatively about cliques because they have not gained access. They believe that the exclusivity of these groups or networks of like-minded individuals is a bad thing. They are jealous, because in their minds, they have placed the members of the clique in an elite position above themselves. Social media takes the veil off cliques
because to gain access all you have to do is press a button. Are you with me now?
I’m still discussing the importance of buttons on social network sites in gaining and linking access. So imagine there is a book store that you want to sell your book. You go to the store’s page and click the “like” button. You now have access as a fan of
the bookstore. You look for the page owner’s photo and button and click to access their personal profile. (BTW, you must access people on Facebook as yourself, not your business) You study their info page and find a common interest and on the basis of that common interest, you click the friend request button. Guess what? You now have access to their news feed (unless they have blocked non-friends) and you can get to know them better by reading it from time to time. You establish a rapport with the book store owner by liking, commenting and sharing relevant content and they invite you to do a book signing at their store yielding you hundreds of new customers. How about that for access?
Now let’s explore access from the standpoint of a company looking for a speaker who is an expert in a certain topic. You are the expert and your book delves into the topic the company is seeking. They place the topic (keywords) in the search bar but will they find you? The company reads one of your blogs and finds that you are knowledgeable, professional and your readers respond to you by looking at the comments, likes and shares at the bottom of your blog. Will you be the expert they contact? Have your readers actually enjoyed your content enough to link it to their Facebook page by pressing share. Is your comment box empty?
I’ve asked a lot of questions in hopes that they will trigger some thoughts and feelings regarding the importance of pressing buttons and interacting with good or bad content. The two examples I used, demonstrate the benefits of others using the buttons for your content but the golden rule is “do unto other that which you would have the do unto you.” Be a teacher. Show your contacts how it should be done by breaking free from the fear of pressing buttons and see how the back links, shares and comments begin to flow. Let’s get liberated. Let’s go viral baby. Start today by clicking the buttons below. If this blog was no good, say so by posting a comment. If it was helpful, you know what to do. Press “like” and add a comment to encourage your friends, groups or fans to also read it. Finally, commit from this day forth to never spend the time reading an article and not let your valuable opinion count.
Until next time, press the button, I dare you.
www.socialmediamadeeasydetroit.com Join Us!
Writers are master story tellers. We take lessons and experiences; add characters, plots, antagonists and protagonists to the mix to produce products for customers all over the world to buy. But why does social media appear to be so problematic among authors?
The quick answer to this million dollar question is; just like a writer sends their transcript to an editor to check it for grammatical errors and make sure the story flows, they should also consult a social media strategist to help them develop an on-line communication plan (a script) that works for them.
After the social media plan has been established, character disassociation or roleplaying is an excellent tool for authors as they move into their role as best-selling author. Once you establish you are an award winning or best-selling author, you can determine what you really want to say to the world.
Register today for the Upgrade Business Boot Camp November 14-16 from 6p – 9p
The first day of the boot camp is free to the first 10 authors to register on-line. Get to know a social media coach and technology consultant that cares about you and your literary projects.
So you have your Facebook Author Page up and running and you’ve invited all your friends to like you. Two-days have gone by and no one has liked you yet? You begin to second guess yourself, wondering; what do they want from me for God’s sake? But then you remember why you set the page up in the first place. You wanted to make sure your readers got to know you. You wanted to know that your message was getting across to your readers loud and clear. You wanted to meet your readers and reward them for their support. Well, here is a checklist that I use with my social media clients to make sure my I’s are dotted and my T’s are crossed.
- Check to make sure your content is tight. Do you have 7 or more pieces of killer content populated on your page?
- Is your information page totally complete with the about, description and award sections complete?
- Do you have a favorable picture of you and your book or logo as the profile image?
- Have you asked for feedback to encourage reader engagement?
- Do you have excerpts from your book in the content?
- Have you scheduled an event?
- Have you linked your Facebook page to your Twitter Account and Website?
- Have you identified 10 people per day that you can individually message, sharing something interesting about your new page with a link to it?
- Have you liked relevant Like/Fan Pages?
- Are you asking your friends to give recommendations on your personal wall with a link?
Learn more about how you can upgrade your social media at http://www.socialmediamadeeasydetroit.com
What if I told you there were a few easy ways to find out who really loves you on the internet by using a tool that comes standard with your Facebook fan page? What if all you had to do to expand the people who love you on the internet (people who would most likely buy your book) was to check this tool out regularly and target an ad directly to those people? Well it’s a fact and this is how it goes in 3 easy steps:
- In the last segment I briefly mentioned Insights (a Facebook tool which comes standard with Facebook pages that tells you how many people visited your page during any given period. This tool also tells you where your page visitors come from and their age range.
- Review my last blog to learn how to grow your on-line community using killer content and after following those tips for 30-days, you can check your Insights and review them to see who loves you baby.
- Now that you know who loves you, your goal should be to find more people in that demographic to join your community and buy your book. Referrals are the best way to do this however the second best is through Facebook ads.
Motown Writers | Michigan Literary Network
Off Site Network Pages
Like Our Facebook Pages!
- FREE *How To Launch a Podcast from Home from Motor City Woman Studios @_MotorcityWoman
- Free Reads, #HotterThanJuly, #Smashwords, Author Collaborations with #NotYourMommasRomances | 2020 July Promos @ #SylLit
- Deadline Approaching: June Open Reading Period
- SELF-PUBLISHING MASTERY TALKS #15: How to Become a Successful Romance Author with Sylvia Hubbard [video] @youtube
- Feel like you’re needing extra Marketing for 2020, then check out the 21st Century Marketing For Authors !
- online from 10 a.m. to noon on Sat, June 13:Sharpen Your Mystery-Writing Craft With Cynthia Harrison (@CynthiaHarriso1); Explore New Publishing Opportunity via @Mi_SinC
- Don't forget to join #MotownWriters this 2nd Saturday with Jesse A. Cole, Jr| Topic: Spirit-Led Writing Techniques: "Accomplishing Your Writing Goals With A Spirit-led Strategy":
- #MotownWriters @Meetup ONLINE wsg @JesseSpeaks 6/13 @ FB group! Topic: Accomplishing Your Writing Goals #michiganwriters #michlit
- SAVE THE DATE Friday, June 19, 2020, 7:15 PM EST Twisted Storytellers Goes Virtual! via @twistedtellers
- Save the Date: Join #MotownWriters with author, screenwriter and storyteller @phettehollins June 6th @11am for a special workshop: How to write a book in 30 days or less?
- Online from 10 a.m. to noon on Sat, June 13 Sharpen Your Mystery-Writing Craft With Cynthia Harrison (@CynthiaHarriso1); Explore New Publishing Opportunity via @Mi_SinC
- June Promotions for #SylLit | Mistaken Idenity Freebie, A bunch of books by authors freebie, Sweet Reader Treats & more! #bookpromo
- Join #MotownWriters with author, screenwriter and storyteller @phettehollins June 6th @11am for a special workshop: How to write a book in 30 days or less?
- Limited spaces available for PLOT TWIST for Fiction Authors! Online Workshop w/@TenitaJEditor and @SylviaHubbard1 May31st
- Last days to secure the 'memorial' Day Deal! 📚 Author's Social Media Organize #boookpromo assistant right in your hands! Organize your literary promotion life now!
- JUL 17 and 18 The #Detroit Writing Room Summer Writing Retreat by The @DETWritingRoomRoom via @Steph_Steinberg
- $2.99 'memorial' Day Deal! 📚 Author's Social Media Organizer📝✍🏾 Grab your download now! #bookpromo Inbox x
- Register now for PLOT TWIST for Fiction Authors! #michlit #motownwriters Online Workshop w/@TenitaJEditor & @SylviaHubbard1 May 31
- At 10am, join #MotownWriters live on Facebook w/ author & editor Tenita Johnson: Topic: How to Generate Multiple Streams from one book
- Griot and Grub with @SylviaHubbard1 | Grab A Ticket Now before it's sold out! #storyteller #literary #detroit #michiganwriters #michlit #motownwriters
Help & Donate
- Celebrate safely while reading a book… #BlacksInnocence #July4th #staysafe #amreading
- Spend your Holiday’s reading for FREE #WronglyHis Today thru July5th #freeRead #kindleSelect
- Sate your reading Hunger with #Ravenous! Free to read with Prime or #KindleUnlimited
- #FAQ Reader Question: How Can I Buy Your Books? #sylLit #sneakreader #amreading
- Getting Writing Advice & What To Do With It #TuesdayTips
Nat’l Writers Union
#MichLit Monthly @Meetups
Grand Rapids Region Writers Group
Meetings are held on the 2nd Saturday of the month, starting at noon located at Peppino’s Sports Grille, 1515 Eastport Drive, Kentwood.
2nd & 4th Monday’s of each Month
West Branch Public Library
(Community Room Downstairs)
119 N. Fourth Street
West Branch, MI 48661
3rd Monday. RSVP next meetup
Would you like to add your Michigan Writing Group? Contact us
Search This Site
|@SylviaHubbard1 on Got Books? Help Strengthen Det…|
|Renea A Callery on Got Books? Help Strengthen Det…|
|How to Juggle Writin… on How to Juggle Writing and Pare…|
- 10/4/17 w/La Jill Hunt
- 9/13/17 replay of Brian A. Matthews interview
- 9/6/17 w/guest Brian A. Matthews
- 8/30/17 w/guest C. Imani Williams
- 8/23/17 - Special Edition: Remembering Dick Gregory - 11/19/14 Interview Replay
- 8/2/17 Special Edition at Source Booksellers w/Susan Burton & Paul Butler
- 7/26/17 w/guest Phette Hollins
- RT @BridgeDet313: Detroit women filling a niche in the grocery supply chain “I feel that if you are buying from small places like this, y… 1 hour ago
- RT @WhatWouldGod: WHAT WOULD YOU THINK? By Luna Walter is a two part, illustrated novel about genetically modified human clones. #whatwould… 8 hours ago
- You can make it through this. sylviahubbard.com #sylLit #sylTips #motownmoxiemom https://t.co/VHRs35inUd 9 hours ago
- The latest Michigan Literary Network News! paper.li/sylviahubbard1… Thanks to @AshleighCreativ @SJenterprises @SusanSage #foxnews 11 hours ago
- RT @KyleCanonAuthor: Get the first HOT story in the series FREE July 3 through 5 on Amazon amazon.com/dp/B07C312638 https://t.co/WwacfXDisM 14 hours ago
- Upper Peninsula author to host writing workshop from 1 to 5 p.m. on Tues, July21 @FineAngeline #motownwriters #michiganwriters #michlit
- #MotownWriters @Meetup ONLINE wsg Jesse A. Cole, Jr. (@JesseSpeaks) 6/13 @ FB group! Topic: Accomplishing Your Writing Goals #michiganwriters #michlit
- JUL 17 and 18 The #Detroit Writing Room Summer Writing Retreat by The @DETWritingRoomRoom via @Steph_Steinberg
- Sharpen Your Mystery-Writing Craft With Cynthia Harrison (@CynthiaHarriso1); Explore New Publishing Opportunity online from 10 a.m. to noon on Sat, June 13 via @Mi_SinC
- XIth Annual MOTOR City BLACK AGE of Comics/Manga Con via @MoCityBlackAge #MICHLit #michiganwriters #literaryevents #motownwriters #detroit June13th
- Limited Seats Available for Plot Twist: Writing an Engaging Fiction Book Without Killing Your Character May31st $
- Stuck inside? Hate Missing our 2nd Saturday #MotownWriters @Meetup? Join us in our Facebook Group
- Court ruling could close Doel nuclear reactors earlierA ruling by the Constitutional Court could mean the nuclear power stations Doel 1 and Doel 2 have to close down earlier than the government planned. The Court this week struck down a law passed in 2015 which extended the lifetime of the reactors by ten years. The case was brought by two environmental organisations, Bond Beter Leefmilieu (BBL) and Inter-Envir […]
- Turkey Nixes Nuclear Power Plant Deal With JapanTurkey has canceled an agreement with a Japanese-led consortium to build a 4,500-megawatt nuclear plant in Sinop in northern Turkey along the Black Sea coast. The Sinop site would have been Turkey’s second nuclear plant Turkish Energy Minister Fatih Donmez said that results of feasibility studies conducted by Japan’s Mitsubishi Heavy Industries did not meet […]
- Erdoğan: Sinop Nuclear Plant Project Halted"We are not at the desired point on the Sinop nuclear power plant project," Recep Tayyip Erdoğan told daily Nikkei. Erdoğan arrived in Japan today for the G20 summit in Osaka, where he will meet with Japan's Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and US President Donald Trump. Responding to a question that says, "Feasibility studies show that the cost […]
- Hungary working to modify funding for Russian-built nuclear plantBUDAPEST (Reuters) - Hungary is working to modify financing for a nuclear plant being built by Russia so it only starts repaying the loan once the two reactors begin supplying power, a Hungarian minister said, after an EU review of the plans contributed to delays in the project. The existing 2 Gigawatt Paks plant, which accounts for half of Hungary's po […]
- Insurance against nuclear damage regulated in BelarusMINSK, 14 January (BelTA) – Belarus President Alexander Lukashenko signed decree No.15 “On responsibility for nuclear damage” on 14 January, the press service of the head of state told BelTA. The document creates a mechanism to ensure financial assurance for damage caused by an activity involving nuclear energy. The decree limits the liability for damage of […]
Writer’s Must Have Resources
BadRedhead Media 30-Day Book Marketing Challenge: How to energize your book sales in a month
Synergy Energy: How to Use the Power of Partnerships to Market Your Book, Grow Your Business, and Brand Your Ministry
Dan Poynter's Self-Publishing Manual, Volume 2: How to Write, Print and Sell Your Own Book
Do you have a writer's resource must have? Contact Us!
see more links and partners | click here